Cat Virgil (No Ship)

Requested. Sorry I've been taking so long to finish requests.

It was late when Virgil finally decided to go to sleep for the night. He had waited until he was sure everyone else was in bed too, not wanting anyone to go and check on him at any point during the night. He didn't want anyone seeing him while he slept; mostly because he didn't want them to think he was strange for the way he slept.

Virgil was often plagued with nightmares while he rested. It was part of being anxiety. All of the things he worried about during the day continued to bother him in his sleep-only much, much worse. At least in his thoughts during the day he could tell that what was happening wasn't reality. In dreams he was always sure that everything was real.

So, Virgil did what he had to to prevent himself from experiencing them every night. He waited until it was late enough that no one would come in, climbed into bed and felt himself become smaller. Using his ability to shape shift, Virgil made himself appear as a tiny black cat, curled up even smaller on top of his pillow, and fell asleep much easier than he would on nights he didn't shape shift. That's what he did that night as well, curling up and drifting off easily.

Normally no one came to wake Virgil up in the morning. They seemed to accept the fact that he was always going to sleep in late, and they left him until he decided to get up. However that morning it didn't seem that he was going to be that lucky.

"Virgil?" Patton called, popping up in the sides bedroom. Virgil was easily woken by the sound, taking a moment to process what was happening. He froze when he realized, staying as still as possible in the hopes that maybe the dad-like side would simply go away. He knew it wasn't going to be that easy when instead the father figure made his way over to the bed.

When Virgil glanced up to see what Patton was doing he found the side looking straight at him, eyes lighting up and grin stretching across his face. He looked like he was about to scream from excitement, but he held it back. Instead he jumped in place a few times before slowly reaching out to Virgil, talking to him in a baby voice as he pet him.

"Oh my gosh, you're so cute!" He whispered excitedly, stepping closer and moving to pick him up. Virgil was still frozen in shock. He didn't know what he should do-should he play along and hopefully try to keep his secret, or tell Patton it was him so he would leave him alone? He was going to do the latter when Patton made a noise or excitement, shocking him and making him forget what he had been thinking.

"Oh! I should show you to the others! I'm sure they'll think you're adorable too!" He grinned, and before Virgil had any time to make an escape Patton left to see Thomas and the other sides.

"Isn't he so cute?" Patton asked after finding everyone, showing them the tiny black cat in his arms. Thomas and Roman immediately stepped closer to fawn over the animal, Logan standing back and watching them.

"Where did you even find a cat?" Logan asked, watching him swat at Roman with his paws.

"He was in Virgil's room! I found him curled up on the pillow when I went to wake him up." Patton smiled, petting the cat again.

"He belongs to Virgil? No wonder he seems to hate me," Roman frowned dramatically, trying to pet the cat too only to get hissed at.

"If he is Virgil's cat then why was he hidden from us?" Logan questioned, stepping closer to see the cat better. The cat looked straight back at him, making him feel uncomfortable. Logan looked away from the cat again to look back up at Patton. "And where exactly is Virgil anyways?"

"I'm not sure. He wasn't in his room," Patton frowned, handing the cat over to Thomas when he asked to hold it. "Do you think he's alright?"

"I'm sure he'll show up sometime today." Roman shrugged, still trying to get the cat to like him. "I think we should worry about that later. This cat is simply too adorable to ignore!"