First and Last Kiss (Prince x Anxiety)

Did you prepare?

Virgil had gone to find Roman when it had happened.

Patton had told him to find Roman, they were all supposed to meet up and he was the only one missing. He hadn't been in his room, so Virgil checked the next place he knew he would be. Daydream mode.

He had appeared in the middle of a fight between the prince and his enemies, expecting Roman to have already taken care of most of them. "Roman, Patton wa-"

His sentence was cut short by a horrible pain in his stomach. Looking down he felt as though he would be sick, finding a sword going through him, and then being pulled back out. The enemies Roman was facing had frozen, just as surprised and confused as Roman was to see him appear out of nowhere.

Roman was the first to react, his shocked face turning into a furious glare directed at the man who had stabbed him. He cried out in his anger, lunging forward with his sword and killing him. Then, he turned to the rest of them, one by one taking them out. It wasn't a challenge for him, even with his mind only on Virgil who had fallen to the ground behind him.

Only when the last man had fallen did Roman look at Virgil, anger dissipating. The feeling was replaced with concern for his fellow side, and he rushed over to him quickly, frowning more at hearing his pained whimpers.

"Virgil, Virgil hey, you're going to be alright." Roman spoke softly, trying to calm him down. He wouldn't admit that he was also trying to reassure himself. "Listen, it'll be okay, I'll help you, I-I... I'll think of something.. I have to think of something..."

"Stop," Virgil choked out, pouring tears from his eyes and blood from his wound. "Stop lying. Just don't."

Roman didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say; there really wasn't anything he could do. Virgil wasn't going to make it. Roman felt something drip down his face and off his nose, and realized he was crying too. He wiped at his eyes furiously-he had to be strong. He was the brave one. The least he could do for Virgil now was comfort him.

Shaking, Roman reached out to hold Virgil's hand in both of his own. He brought it up to his lips, kissing his hand before holding it to his heart. "I'm sorry," he whispered, biting back more tears. "I shouldn't have let this happen. I should have been more aware, should've noticed you appear before any harm could come to you."

Virgil shrugged weakly. "Wasn't your fault." He muttered, looking up at Roman. He wasn't panicking as much as before-he had already accepted his fate. His eyes were still filled with tears, however, because damn, being stabbed is painful. "You didn't know I was coming. Don't beat yourself up, Princey."

"Still, I-" he was cut off as Virgil shook his head.

"Stop it. Don't. What good is it to blame yourself? Not gonna fix anything." He pointed out, and Roman slowly nodded. He was right. Virgil took his a shaking breath, looking back down at his injury that had bled a lot. He looked back up at Roman, more tears in his eyes. He shouldn't have looked at it.

"Roman, I-I don't want to die yet." He cried, and the sound of his voice broke Roman's heart. He sounded so sad, and so scared, and Roman couldn't do anything. "There's a lot I haven't done. I should've told you guys more often that I care about you. I'll never know what it's like to fall in love with someone who loves me back, I'll never be able to be with anybody. God, I've never even been kissed before. And now I'm gonna die, and-and I'll never be able to do anything I want to."