I'm so nonconformist, I'll do it(Michaelxreader)

michael at the side anime style, song is Fix you by coldplay. I don't remember who requested Michael so if you did you know tell me so I can dedicate this to you.

AFD

Michael P.O.V

This was her second week, fourteen days alone against the wall just around the corner from us. I'm sure it was that peppy conformist, ___. Why was she here she hadn't even acknowledged us unless she wanted a smoke. Was she a loner now? She wore black eyeliner and clothes but she didn't hang with us did that mean she was a loner goth? How annoying the least she could do was ask to be in our clique, not like we'd take her in. I almost scoffed at the idea.

I took a long drag of my cigarette letting my eyes close and relax. I guess it was too soon for that. The girl was in front of me glaring me down, waiting for me to look at her. I refused to grant her that privilege I continued to look forward only watching her from the corner of my eye. Once a conformist always a conformist. She blew smoke into my face unamused with my expression. "So, what are you conformists doing after school? I was gonna offer you guys to come over to the Village Inn my dad owns but I guess you fags are probably too busy doing your butt fucking homework." She said bored with us. We were taken back a bit. This bitch's dad owned the Village Inn we always went to.

"Homework? Seriously that's for those Brittany wannabes, it's not like we're gonna come but maybe if we feel like it we'll stop by, okay conformist." I whispered lighting another cigarette. I could see a slight smile. She was the conformist here she had always wanted to hang with us at least for these past two weeks.

The conformist picked a table and sat down. The waitress came over to us immediately. "Oh, jesus not you goths." She said rolling her eyes. ___ looked up with a sort of smirk. "Oh miss __, I didn't know you were with these... Children, let me get you a free coffee." She said nervously. ___ rolled her eyes.

"Make it five free coffees I'm sure my dad can pay for it." She said smugly. She nodded leaving the table. We looked at her expressionless, but inside I knew we were all impressed. The rest of the time we talked about the conformists at school, the dumb vamp kids and the pain in this world. When we got ___ to start talking you couldn't get her to shut up. It was kind of annoying at first but she had some good points.

"I mean society paints this pretty fucking picture for you, that you'll get married and live happily ever after all the fucking conformists don't even know that most marriages end in divorce. Love is just imagination. And a lot of scum bags make money out of lying to us so we live in a fairy tale, the most popular is..."

"The Disney channel." We all said sipping our coffee. Okay so maybe I did judge her too soon. She was definitely no conformist. She was good enough for us goths.

We were at the graveyard now. Reading exerts from Edgar Alan Poe. About an hour in ___ had fallen asleep. We looked at her odd as she sat there drowsily. A lit cigarette only falling out of her hand. I sat next to her and she moved laying her head on my shoulder. I rolled my eyes but inside I felt a slight flutter. I liked her? Damn well at least she was a goth and she seemed okay with that. I looked away hiding my blush.

**********************************************************************

I stayed the hell away from her. Now that I knew I liked her I needed to make sure she didn't find out, that's what conformist did. Conformists confessed their love like idiots, beside she said she wasn't about love. She understood that like I had. She thought love was just an idea nothing more. Love didn't work for my parents but I had a strange feeling It would work for me.

I let the music indulge me as I sat there smoking my cigarette with the others. A slight gasp made me stare at her. She had her dull expression on but I could see she was white with fear. I looked forward to see some true conformists, one with a blue hat and the other with a green one.

"Craig..." She gasped under her breath. She coughed trying to hide her shock.

I faced her with worry but on the outside I gave her a dull look. "Is that the guy who made you one of us, maybe we should thank the conformist." I whispered. She nodded slowly.The guy in the green hat stepped forward first and the guy in the blue hat stood behind him stoic. I had a bad feeling about that guy.

The guy in the green hat gave an exasperated sigh before talking. "Damn, it I had to see it to believe it!" He screamed looking straight at ___.

"Kyle." She whispered. Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Come on ___ everyone's worried about you. Your parents want you home and safe." He said nagging. She blew smoke into his face.

"And Craig he still with Heidi fucking turner?" She asked totally ignoring Craig's existance. Craig flipped her off agitated that he was being ignored. Kyle shrugged it off answering.

"Yeah he is." He simply said. She sort of smiled taking a long drag of her cigarette.

"Then they shouldn't care because I don't care about them." She said plainly. Kyle got red in the face I swear he was gonna pop before he could the blue hat kid lay a hand on his shoulder.Kyle stepped back watching them.

He looked away not giving a damn about her. "I just fucking kissed her. Stop being such a fucking pussy, the girls are fucking pissed at me because you decided to be a fucking freak."

I could see a tear slide down ___'s cheek. Her (e/c) eyes red. "You didn't just kiss her I saw you making out with her..." She said quietly for once in an actual voice instead of a dull one. Craig looked angrier now.

He wanted to strike her he stepped forward hands in a fist but Kyle held him down, good thing too, this way I wouldn't look like a conformist. Protecting someone you like, totally conformist. "Just cuz you can't fucking handle shit I take the fucking blame! You're a freak you know that! You've always been a fucking freak, I gave you one fucking chance to show me you weren't such a nut-job but you couldn't handle one think and became a faggy goth! Get some fucking rehab, you need to get fixed" He laughed to himself. She was sobbing now, the kid in the blue hat took the cigarette out of her hand and began to walk away.

I couldn't do it, I couldn't be a conformist. I couldn't look like a fucking pussy in front of them especially conformist themselves. I was goth I would never but her tears made me cringe. I'm not a conformist, but I'm so nonconformist I'll do it.

Reader P.O.V

Craig turned around looking at him dully. The expression left him as he fell to the floor because Michael's fist.

"You fucking conformists are all the same, get a fucking brain check, you don't talk to someone like that. You don't need a talking to, you need to get fixed and the only way anyone could do that to someone so brainwashed by society is by a beating." Michael kicked Craig in the side where he almost yelped but refused to show how much pain he was in. It was a pretty uneven fight, Michael was at least a year older than Craig.

Kyle helped Craig up only to get slapped. "Let's go dude, leave the goths." Kyle whispered. Craig hesitantly followed Kyle. We all looked to Michael in shock.

"Dude, that was-" Before Pete could say anything Michael interrupted him.

"So conformist I know but we protect each other, whether it be killing an emo plant leader and being embarrassed on T.V or telling some douchebag conformist the truth." He genuinely smiled and I found myself blushing. We all nodded. I stepped forward hugging him.

"Thanks." I whispered. He looked down at me since I too was a year younger and shorter. He kissed me on the lips. I blushed harder at the gesture as the goths looked dully at us.

"Conformists." They scoffed with a small smile.