Masquerade Pt2 (Ian/Courtney)

Courtney Miller made her way through the crowd of people at the party, as she headed for the buffet table. The party was a Masquerade for charity; that YouTube was putting on, it was a two-night event, with the big unmasking tomorrow night. Courtney had originally refused to come to the party when one of her best friends/co-workers Damien Haas told her and the entire Smosh family; including their best friend/co-worker Ian Hecox who had like her refused to go, about the party three days ago. Damien though, was extremely excited about the party and had really wanted them both to go with him and the rest of the Smosh family to it.

 After the others went to the party, Courtney was left at the office alone with Ian; it wasn't that she hated Ian that she was unhappy to be alone with him. It was because she didn't trust herself to be alone with the man she's been secretly in love with for the last two years. She loved everything about Ian and wanted to tell him, but couldn't, the fear of losing him if he didn't feel the same was too strong; no one knew anything about her love.

 Courtney had snuck away from the office after Ian went home to bed and even though she tried to have a good time for Damien's sake, without Ian there she just couldn't. That is until she had accidentally run into the mysterious, yet somehow familiar Ben in the garden earlier that evening. Even though she had just met him, Courtney felt comfortable around him; it was as if they had known each other for years instead of only a few hours. She still loved and wanted Ian, which made her feel guilty that she was having fun with Ben, but there was nothing wrong with making new friends.

 Meanwhile, Ian sat in the garden, enjoying the break from the party, he hated being here and had only come for Damien's sake. Well, that was part of the reason, the other reason he came was to get away from Courtney; who had said no to the party too. Ian knew he couldn't trust himself to be alone with her; the woman he had secretly fallen in love with two years ago. Being in love was scary enough, but being in love with Courtney made it 1000 times worse. Ian told no one about his love, the fear of losing Courtney if she didn't feel the same too strong.

 He had come to the party after he lied to Courtney and told her he was going home. Instead, he had gone to the party, and even though he tried to have a good time for Damien's sake, without Courtney he just couldn't. That all changed though when earlier that evening he had taken a walk in the garden and was ran into by the mysterious, yet somehow familiar Samantha. Since they met they have been inseparable and even though he had only just met her a few hours ago, Ian felt strangely comfortable around her and it made him uneasy because the only ones he felt like this with was his Smosh family. He still loved and wanted Courtney, which made him feel guilty about being with Samantha, but there was nothing wrong with making new friends.

**Later**:

 Damien stood at the buffet table watching as his two completely oblivious friends danced together. He was happy to see them together finally; he had planned on pushing...no, shoving them together tonight at the party himself. He's known for two years that they loved each other and wanted them to be happy, so when they still weren't together on their own, he decided he was going to do it for them tonight at the party. Of course, both of them had originally refused to come with them to the party, but then Ian showed up first before Courtney did at the party; neither knew the other was there. Damien had tried to tell them, but neither would give him five seconds to and he was getting annoyed. Then he saw them come inside from the garden together and Damien believed his plan had worked. That is until he spoke to them separately and learned that for some reason they had lied to each other and gave fake names. So, instead of enjoying the party, Damien had been once again trying to fix their mistake. The party was almost over and he still hasn't been able to get either of them to listen to him. When all of this was over, he was so going to kick both their asses.