Saving Her Pt3 (Shartney)

The sun shone brightly in the afternoon sky, as the car and its four passengers traveled along the road, heading to their newest destination. In the driver's seat sat Shayne, beside him sat Damien, and sleeping in the back seat were Ian and Courtney; she was cuddling with Ian as they slept. Shayne sighed tiredly, as he thought about what they've been through. After being on the run for a few weeks now, Courtney had slowly begun to heal and return to her old self and all three guys were so proud of her. Two weeks ago though, all of Courtney's hard work was destroyed by one phone call from Fox. He vowed he'd get Courtney back, not caring if he had to go through Shayne, Ian, and Damien to do it. The three of them didn't care what they had to do to stop Fox for good, they were going to do whatever it took, dammit!

 "Shayne?" Damien's quiet voice spoke, startling Shayne out of his thoughts.

 "Yeah?"

 "Do you really think this is a good idea? Is it necessary we do this?" Damien questioned nervously, glancing at a still sleeping Courtney and Ian.

 "Dames, I don't want to do this either, but what other choice do we have? He won't stop until he has Courtney back and I'll die before he gets his dirty hands on her ever again."

 "I get it, Shayne, and you know Ian and I feel the same way. But we're talking about buying a damn gun." Damien stated, the idea scared him.

 "We don't have a choice, Damien." Shayne repeated.

 "Court's not going to like this." Damien added sighing, knowing he had lost the fight.

 "She's not going to know anything about it." Shayne replied quietly.

**Days Later**:

 Fox paced the dimly lit room, as he drank another beer, he was pissed, those sons-of-bitches took his property from him. They obviously forgot who they were screwing with, he was Fox Carter and no one took anything from him! Being as rich and powerful as he was Fox had eyes and ears everywhere, there was nowhere in the world they could hide from him for long.

 He sat down at his desk and picked up the picture of Courtney and himself, staring at it, he held it tightly with one hand, and drank his beer. An evil smirk settled on his lips, as he thought of all things he was going to do to the four of them; especially his Courtney. Suddenly, his phone began to ring, he ignored it, but when it didn't stop he put the picture down and angrily answered it.

 "What?" He yelled.

 "Sir, I found them." A nervous, male voice answered.

 "Where?" Fox demanded, as he stood and quickly began pacing again.

 "Sir, I really..."

 "Where. Are. They?" Fox demanded angrily, as he knocked everything off of his desk.

 His informant quickly gave him what he wanted to know, before Fox hung up, smiling evilly he dialed his private pilot and ordered him to have his plane ready to go in an hour. After hanging up, he bent down and picked up the picture, and still smiling he spoke, as he touched Courtney's smiling face.

 "Ready or not, Courtney, I'm coming to bring you home."

 He dropped the picture back to the floor, stood up, and straightened out his clothes, before he walked to the door, stepping on the picture as did.

**Meanwhile**:

 Courtney slept on the bed; she had fallen back to sleep after having another nightmare. It had taken the three guys over an hour to calm her down this time. Once she was sleeping again, Ian went to get them breakfast with Damien, while Shayne went for a shower. When he returned to the main part of the room dressed, he found Courtney standing by the window, staring out into the early morning world, her arms wrapped around herself as if to keep herself safe. Shayne's heart ached seeing her so broken and scared, all he wanted was to take all of her pain away, but he couldn't and it broke his heart into a million pieces; he felt like he was failing as a boyfriend.

 "You're staring again." Courtney said without turning from the window.

 "Sorry, Court, I..."

 "It's okay, Shayne, I get why you guys do it." She said, cutting Shayne off gently. "Where are Ian and Damien?" She asked turning to face Shayne.

 "They went to get us breakfast." He answered, as he went to Courtney and hugged her tight.

 "Oh." She said, as the hug ended.

 "You okay, babe?" Shayne asked concerned.

 "You really want me to answer that?" She joked smiling sadly. "I'm just tired, Shayne...tired of being afraid, tired of running. I just want my life back; I want what that bastard took from me back."

 "I know, baby, we want that too, it won't be like this forever though, Court."

 "Won't it, Shayne? You three don't know Fox like I do. It'll never be over until he wants it to be! He won't stop until I'm back with him!" She said upset, as her tears fell silently.

 "You're wrong, Courtney." Ian's voice came from behind them, both of them turned to look at him and Damien, neither had heard them return.

 "How, Ian?" She begged.

 "You have something he doesn't." Damien answered, as he sat the food down on the table.

 "What?"

 "Us!" Shayne, Ian, and Damien answered together.

 "I love you, guys." She said, as she pulled her brothers in for a group hug.

 "He won't hurt you again, Courtney, we promise." Ian said, as the hug ended.

 "Please don't make me any promises, they can always be broken." She said sadly, as she went to the bathroom for a shower.

 "Don't worry, Courtney, this is one promise we plan on keeping." Shayne whispered, as he stared at his bag where the gun lay hidden.

TBC...