Saving Her Pt21 (Shartney)

Shayne sat silently, tied to the hard chair; his prison for the last two days, beside Damien, Ian, and Connor. He hung his head, fighting back his tears, as he thought about the hell Courtney was going through right now at the hands of a psychotic bastard who's been obsessed with her for a long time now. He felt like a failure because he couldn't keep his family safe...couldn't keep Courtney safe, he sighed shakily, unable to keep his tears in any longer; he cried silently not wanting Damien, Ian, or Connor to hear him fall apart. As he cried, he thought about everything that's happened to them and how this nightmare began. He then thought about how the one person they thought they'd never see again...unless it was six feet under the ground, was the mastermind behind their kidnapping...Carter!

 Carter had explained to them how he had almost died; he had had a very weak pulse when he was put into the ambulance, but he had survived and he had come back for what was his and finish what he had started. For the last two days now, Fox and his little bitch Benson have beat the five of them; Shayne had tried to keep the others safe by getting Carter and Benson to beat on him only, and for a little while it worked, but they figured out what he was doing and began beating the others up too. Then last night, Fox took Courtney into the bedroom alone, and neither have returned yet, Shayne was scared that this time it would be Courtney that didn't survive. His thoughts were interrupted by Benson returning to the room smiling, seeing him Shayne's tears stopped, and angrily he spoke to him.

 "You bastard, if anything happens to Courtney, I'll rip you apart with my bare hands, dammit! You hear me, asshole?" Shayne warned him angrily.

 "Am I supposed to be scared?" Benson mocked, still smiling. "Tough words from four assholes tied to chairs."

 "We aren't going to be tied up forever, you son-of-a-bitch!" Ian added angrily, as they all pulled on their ropes.

 "Why put Courtney through all this bullshit, if Carter was still alive?" Damien demanded.

 "I knew he didn't die when Courtney shot him, but I wasn't sure if he was going to survive longer than a couple of days. I didn't know he was alive until he called me a few days ago wanting to get his revenge and we set this all up." Benson answered.

 "Who is he to you, huh?" Shayne demanded angrily, needing to finally learn what their connection was.

 "He's my..."

 "Employer with benefits." Fox answered smiling, cutting Benson off, as he returned to the room alone.

 "Wh...where's Courtney?" Shayne asked scared.

 "She's alive, don't worry, I'm not done with my Courty yet." Fox replied still smiling. "I just came out to see how my other guests are doing."

 "You sick, twisted, bastard!" Ian yelled. "Leave Courtney alone, dammit...let me take her place!"

 "What?" The five men said together in shock, as they looked at him.

 "You?" Fox said smiling.

 "No, take me!" Damien said quickly.

 "No, take me, Carter!" Connor said.

 "Forget it, it's me, you really want Carter, let them go and keep me! I'm the one who took Courtney from you, so keep me, dammit!" Shayne added.

 "Aw, isn't that precious, Thomas? Each of them are trying to be the big hero and take Courtney's place." Fox said smiling. "Sorry, boys, it's her I want, not any of you." He added, before he walked out of the room, all four guys yelling at him, as he left.