The Boss's Son Pt3 (Ian/Damien)

Damien sat at his kitchen table, as he drank his coffee, he sighed sadly, thinking about what he was being forced to do today at work, while Shayne was upstairs getting ready for work. He looked at the clock and sighed again realizing that in another half-hour he'd have to throw away his dream promotion; all his years of hard work, because someone had found out about his secret and unforgettable night with a gorgeous stranger; who he found out wasn't a stranger after all, but was really their boss's son Ian.

 He really liked Ian and hated that he was in danger of getting into major trouble because someone hated Damien. He had thought that somehow they could have found a way to be together, but now there was no chance. He had worked his ass off to get promoted and didn't want to give it up, but he'd do it if it meant whoever was blackmailing him left Ian alone. Whoever it was may have won this battle, but the war wasn't over yet, he'd figure out who his blackmailers were and when he did he'd make their lives a living Hell, just like they made his. His thoughts were interrupted by Shayne coming into the kitchen, seeing Damien he smiled sadly, before he got a coffee and sat across from him.

 "You okay?" Shayne asked gently.

 "Shayne, I'm turning down the promotion and there's nothing you can say to stop me." Damien said sadly.

 "Damien, you worked your ass off for this promotion, and now you're letting some jealous asshole take what you earned?"

 "You wouldn't understand." Damien said sighing.

 "So, make me understand then."

 "I'm doing this to keep Ian out of trouble." Damien answered frustrated.

 "You're throwing away years of hard work, just to keep a guy you slept with once and know nothing about safe? That's crazy, Damien." Shayne said not understanding.

 "I knew you wouldn't understand." Damien said, as he got up and put his cup in the sink. "I'll see you later, I have to go talk to Ian."

**Later**:

 Damien arrived at work and headed straight to his office, once behind closed doors he began to pace, as he tried to get the courage up to go talk to Ian. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, before it opened and a smiling Ian came in.

 "Hey, Damien." Ian greeted him.

 "Hey, Ian." Damien replied, knowing the time had come to tell him.

 "You ready to start your new job? I called an office meeting to announce it, so everyone's waiting for us."

 "I need to talk to you about the promotion." Damien said quickly, before he lost his courage.

 "Can't it wait? Everyone's..."

 "I can't take the promotion." Damien said, cutting Ian off.

 "What? Why not? Yesterday you were so happy, what happened?" Ian asked confused.

 "I know and I was, but I thought about it and I...I'm happy where I' am. Thank you, for the offer though, but it's not for me." Damien answered, faking his smile.

 "Are you sure? I think you'd be perfect for it." Ian asked, trying to get him to change his mind.

 "Thanks, but I'm not taking it. I hope there are no hard feelings?"