Living In The Past Pt8 (Ianthony)/(Shaymien)

Ian sat at his desk at work, staring out the window; his back to the door, as he watched the rain fall. He sighed shakily, as he wiped away another tear, his life was completely screwed up and he had no one to blame, but himself. He looked down at the picture in his hands and felt his heart ache more, the picture was of himself and the man he loved more than anything in the world his ex-boyfriend Anthony. He had lost his soulmate because of his own stupid jealousy over Shayne. He sighed again, as he looked out the window and thought back to how his life had been turned upside down and he lost the only person he's ever loved. It's been two long, lonely months since Anthony broke up with him and moved out of their house, since he left he's had no contact with Ian. He tried to move on with his life, he didn't try to contact Anthony or Shayne, unable to face either of them after what happened. Besides, by not contacting Anthony it was the least he could do, leave him alone after all he's done to hurt him. His thoughts were interrupted by David coming into his office, Ian didn't turn his chair around to look at him, he just stared out the window, as his tears fell silently, finally David spoke.

 "You okay, Ian?" David asked, knowing what happened between him and Anthony.

 "Yeah, I'm fine." Ian answered, as he quickly wiped away his tears and turned around, faking a smile, as he put the picture back in his drawer.

 "Ian, maybe you should take a few days off?" David suggested.

 "I appreciate your concern, but I can't I need work to distract me."

 "Why don't you come over to my place for beer and pizza after work and we'll hang out and talk?"

 "David, I'm fine." Ian answered sighing.

 "I'm worried about you, please talk to me?"

 "Okay, I'll come over." Ian agreed. "Thanks, David."

 "That's what friends are for. I've got work to do, I'll see you later." David said smiling, before he left.

**A Week Later**:

 Anthony sat on Shayne's couch, the TV was on, but he wasn't watching it, his mind on Ian like usual. Since breaking up with him, Anthony moved into Shayne's place and tried to move on with his life. It was hard though, all he could think about was Ian, he's never cried so much in his life; not even when Shayne had left him. He still couldn't understand why Ian thought he was cheating with Shayne. He had thought they worked through that the first time Ian thought they were. He had changed to prove to Ian that it was him he loved and wanted, not Shayne. Anthony had wanted to marry Ian and start a new chapter in their love story, but now he was left brokenhearted again. The only good thing about this was that Shayne had finally broken up with that asshole, Carter; he ended it the night Anthony had broken up with Ian.

 "Thought you could use this." Shayne's voice spoke, breaking into Anthony's thoughts, as he sat beside him and handed him a beer.

 "Thanks." Anthony replied sighing, as he took the beer and opened it.

 "How you doing?"

 "Uh, you want the truth or can I lie?" Anthony asked sighing again.

 "Anthony, I...I want to apologize." Shayne said quietly.

 "Apologize? For what?" Anthony asked confused.

 "For being the reason you broke up with Ian. I never wanted this to happen; hell I never even thought this would happen."

 "Shayne, you don't need to apologize." Anthony said sighing again. "I was the one who put you in the middle without thinking of how Ian would take it, the whole jealousy/cheating...that's on him. I tried to do right by him, I...I changed just to prove that it was him I loved and wanted, but I guess it just wasn't enough." He added sadly.