Love Hurts Pt14 (Shaymien)

Damien sat on the bench in the park alone, watching the kids playing and secretly envied their innocence. He sighed shakily, as he pulled his jacket closer to him to fight off the autumn chill in the air. As he continued to watch the kids play, he let his mind take him back to how his once perfect life turned into a nightmare. It's been a week since he shut the door on Shayne and even though it ripped him apart, Damien slowly began to let Shayne go and move on. The hardest part though, was having to work with him and pretend everything was great between them still. Maybe he needed time off, go back to his parent's place to clear his head of the chaos, and hopefully find himself. His thoughts were interrupted by Ian sitting beside him, after a few seconds of silence, Ian smiling nudged him lightly with his shoulder before he spoke.

 "You know, a grown man, sitting alone in the park watching children play, is kind of weird, dude." Ian said smiling.

 "Well, it's a good thing you found me then, huh, Hecox." Damien replied smiling, as he nudged him back. "How did you find me anyway?"

 "I put a tracking chip in your arm, I did it to Shayne too." Ian answered seriously, Damien just shook his head smiling. "I got a call from our neighbor Kari, she was walking through here on her way back to her house after her run and saw you. She said you looked really down, so I came to see if my brother was alright."

 "I'm fine." Damien replied sighing, as he stood and began walking back to the house, Ian quickly caught up.

 "You keep saying that, dude, but who are you trying to convince? Me or yourself?"

 "What do you want from me, Ian, huh?" Damien demanded frustrated, as they stopped walking and looked at each other.

 "I'm just worried about you, Damien. You haven't been okay in a long time and all I want to do is help." Ian answered gently, Damien sighed.

 "I appreciate it, Ian, I really do, but I need time to figure this out on my own, okay? I...I'm trying so damn hard to let go and move on, but I feel like I'm drowning and...and I can't stop this damn ache in my heart!" Damien said, as he began to cry. "I'm losing my mind, Ian."

 Ian didn't say anything, he just took Damien in his arms and held him; thankfully, they were hidden from anyone's view by the trees. He held him close, letting him cry, the same way he had let Shayne cry in his arms just last night. He wanted to fix this so bad for his brothers, but this was one thing he couldn't. He knew how much they loved each other, but maybe love just wasn't enough, no matter how much they wanted it to be.

 After a few seconds, Damien pulled away and wiped away his tears, Ian smiled sadly at him, before they walked back to the house in silence. Once there, they decided to go out for dinner, so they got ready. As they left the house, Shayne was just getting into his car, they saw him, Damien and Shayne's eyes met, before Shayne sadly got into his car and drove away. Ian touched Damien's arm and squeezed it gently, before Damien walked to the car, leaving Ian to lock up.

**Two Weeks Later**:

 The days continued to pass and still, nothing changed between Shayne and Damien. Shayne sighed, as he lay in his bed, on his back thinking of Damien, he felt his tears fall silently. Damien continued to avoid him and the hurt he had in his eyes haunted Shayne, knowing it was because of him that Damien; the man he loved was broken. He couldn't blame Damien for what happened and he wasn't angry either, this was all his fault and he hated himself for it! Damien didn't deserve anything Shayne had said and done to him and he wished he could take back every hit and hurtful thing he ever gave to him.