Revenge Pt5

**At The Hospital**:

 Mari sat on the hard chair in the hospital waiting room, silently staring at the floor as Joven and Sohinki sat just as silently beside her. They had been sitting there since receiving the call from the hospital an hour earlier. When they arrived they learned that Lasercorn had been the only one found in the car and they knew Miranda had taken Ian, so Joven had called Stone and Carter and told them what happened. Just when Mari thought she'd go crazy from not knowing anything, the doors opened and a Doctor came in carrying a file, he looked at them.

 "David Moss?" The Doctor called out.

 "That's us." Sohinki said as they stood. "We're his friends."

 "I'm Doctor Alex Reed; I took care of Mr. Moss when he was brought in."

 "How...how is he?" Joven asked nervously, feeling Mari take his hand and squeeze it.

 "He's a very lucky young man. He has bruises and cuts all over his body some required stitches; the one over his left eye, the one his left forearm and the one on his right leg all needed stitches. He broke his nose, three ribs, and his right ankle. He has a concussion, but thankfully, no internal injuries. He was wearing his seatbelt, which I truly believe saved his life."

 "So...so, he'll be okay?" Sohinki asked.

 "Yes, he'll make a full recovery in a few weeks with plenty of rest."

 "Can we see him?" Mari asked all three relieved knowing he'd be okay.

 "Of course, follow me."

 After arriving at Lasercorn's room, they went inside, he turned to them smiling, they hugged him tightly, being careful not to hurt him, before sitting by his bed, as they sat a knock came to the door.

 "Come in!" Lasercorn called out.

 "Sorry we're late; we wanted to get an APB out on the black van witnesses said they saw leaving the scene of your accident." Stone said.

 "It was Miranda!" Lasercorn said upset, not wasting any time telling them what happened.

 "Miranda? You're certain it was her?" Carter asked.

 "Yes, I'm certain! After we crashed she...she took Ian from the damn car!" Lasercorn explained upset. "I...I tried to stop her, but I couldn't." He added angrily.

 "We should have believed Ian when he told us he saw her. Maybe she wouldn't have them right now if we had?" Joven said sadly, the others agreeing.

 "Not necessarily. Miranda is crazy, which means she would do anything it took to get them, she'd stop nothing." Carter said gently.

 "So, what do we do now?" Sohinki asked frustrated.

 "Well, Carter and I are going to do a press conference; we now have the new info about the black van. It's not much to go on, but it's more than what we had before." Stone answered.

 "After the press conference, we're going to do an extensive background check on Miranda. She might have a family member hiding her out or if we're lucky someone in her family might be estranged from her and be willing to help us find her." Carter explained.

 "It won't be as easy as the last time to find her, she hates Ian and Anthony and..." Mari trailed off unable to think of Miranda killing the guys, let alone say it out loud.