The Rancher's Son (Ian/Shayne)

Ian Hecox rolled over in his bed and opened his eyes smiling. He lay on his side looking out the window and sighed happily, he was back at home on his parent's ranch in the country, and he couldn't be happier. He always loved being here; his childhood home, surrounded by nature and the people he loved.

 Ian grew up on the ranch, the only child to his extremely rich and powerful parents, who he was very close to. Growing up, and even to this day, despite being born into wealth, Ian never used his family's money or power to get what he wanted in life. He was a hard worker and did things his own way; if you didn't know who he was you'd never know he was rich. Ian knew everyone who worked at the ranch over the years, but had become best friends/brothers with only one man named Damien Haas; who had worked for the Hecox family for a few years now.

 Ian had returned to the ranch late yesterday afternoon, after being gone for three years due to work and his crazy life. He had dropped everything though, and returned to the ranch after his mother called him and told him that his father had fallen ill. After arriving at the ranch yesterday, he had spent the rest of the day and night with his parents. Today though, he planned on having Damien take him around the ranch to see all the new changes to the place and meet all the new ranch hands. Damn, it was good to be home!

**Later**:

 Shayne Topp; one of the Hecox family's newest ranch hands, began unloading the bales of hay off of his truck and into the barn. Shayne really didn't know much about working on a ranch and had been totally honest with the family about that, but he was a damn hard worker and a quick learner and they gave him a chance. He really didn't fit in with the other ranch hands, except for Damien; he had taken Shayne under his wing, and showed him what he had to do and in no time the two men had become best friends/brothers. Shayne loved his job, and the Hecox family were honest, nice, fair people, who treated their workers very well, like family. His thoughts were interrupted by Damien coming into the barn with a man he had never met before, but knew he was Ian Hecox; the boss's only child. He may not have met him yet, but Shayne had heard all about him from Damien, the other ranch hands, and of course, Ian's parents and he was nothing like Shayne had expected him to be. He was a little taller than him, but shorter than Damien, he had an average build, with short, brown hair, a beard, incredible blue eyes, and glasses; he was gorgeous. Not wanting to get caught staring at the boss's son, he quickly got back to work.

 Meanwhile, Ian was impressed with all the new changes to the ranch, but more importantly, he was having fun catching up in person with his old friend; instead of through a phone or computer. Their last stop was the barn to see the three new horses, but as Ian looked around his eyes landed on someone more interesting than horses. The man was obviously one of the new ranch hands his father had hired, Ian couldn't take his eyes off of the man. He was a little shorter than himself, he was muscular, had short, blond hair, and wore a cowboy hat, jeans, and a white tank top; all of it showed off his incredible body, as he unloaded bales of hay off of a truck. Ian didn't realize he was still staring, until Damien spoke bringing him back to reality.

 "That's Shayne Topp, been here two years now. Nice guy and a damn hard worker; works twice as hard as a lot of the guys here." Damien said smiling, as he crossed his arms. "He and I are best friends actually, we just clicked you know; like you and I did."

 "Really? You and him, huh?" Ian said smirking.

 "What? You think I don't have other friends besides you, Hecox?" Damien asked still smiling.

 "Uh, nope, Dames, you've been here what...eight years, and you've never made nice with any of the other guys...besides me. So, what's the deal with you and Topp, huh? You got a thing for him?" Ian teased smiling, as he nudged Damien lightly with his shoulder.