Opposites Attract Pt2 (Ian/Damien)

Damien sat at his kitchen table having his second cup of coffee before work. As he did, he listened to his new roommate Ian, as he sang loudly in the shower. Damien smiled, he did that a lot lately when he thought of Ian, of course, he told no one; especially Ian, about it.

 He had met Ian through their mutual best friend/brother Shayne. Damien has known Shayne since they were in elementary school, and Ian has known Shayne for four years; even though Shayne was like a brother to both men and they knew about each other, they had never met one another. It was only because Ian needed a place to live and Damien needed a roommate, that Shayne; for some reason only known to him, thought it would be a good idea for them to meet and become roommates. Ian had shown up at Damien's door with his stuff and that was the beginning of their new life.

 Damien's perfectly neat and very organized life had been turned upside down by Ian's different way of life. All Damien's life, he was uptight, over-thinker who had to have order in every part of his life; from his house, job as a bank manager, to his appearance and everything in between, or he wasn't happy. Shayne loved to tease him about it and years ago he had come up with the nickname Coneat Freak for him; which was control freak and neat freak put together. Ian was his complete opposite, he was loud, messy, always acting first without thinking, he said what he thought and didn't give a damn what others thought or said about it. He still had no idea why Shayne thought them living together would be a good idea. Damien heard the water stop and suddenly, began picturing Ian as he got out of the shower; his body and hair wet from the water, his body...

 "Stop it, Haas! Get a hold of yourself, dammit!" He scolded himself out loud.

 "I think you need to cut back on the coffee, man, or is talking to yourself just another of your many, weird traits?" Ian asked smirking, as he came into the kitchen dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt.

 "I...I uh, aren't you going to be late for work?" Damien asked, trying not to stare, as Ian stood watching him.

 "Nope, Shayne's picking me up. You're going to be late though." Ian answered, as he poured himself a cup of coffee.

 "What?" Damien said shocked, as he looked at his watch. "Dammit!" 

 Damien stood and grabbed his dishes, he went to the sink and rinsed them off, before he quickly left the room calling out a goodbye to Ian as he did. Ian leaned against the counter watching Damien leave and shook his head laughing. He's been living with Haas for a week now and was still learning all of his annoying, little personality traits. He had known this would be fun, he just didn't know how much fun it really was until now. He also knew that ol' Dammie boy had a little thing for him, he didn't tell Damien that he knew, nah, he enjoyed the teasing and games he did to Damien too much to ruin it by telling him. He loved the reactions he got out of Damien and honestly, Ian was a little attracted to him, but he'd never act on it, Damien was too...high maintenance. Of course, that didn't mean Ian couldn't have a little fun along the way.

**Days Later**:

 Shayne sighed, as he finished checking the engine of his last customer of the day's car, it's been a month now since he got his two brothers to be roommates, and every day he's heard two different stories of how things were going; which meant the truth was somewhere in the middle. Shayne loved both his brothers and truly believed they'd be good for each other. Damien would teach Ian to slow down and think a little more, and Ian in turn would teach Damien how to relax and have fun, in a way, they'd balance each other out.