Love Hurts Pt2 (Shaymien)

The sun had just finished rising, as Damien sat in his bed staring out the window. His entire body ached, but it was nothing compared to the ache in his heart! Damien's broken heart was caused by one man, the one man he thought would never hurt him, and the only man he's ever loved romantically like this before, Shayne. They were together four years, dammit, they had been so happy and in love, Damien had truly believed that he would spend the rest of his life with Shayne! His dreams were shattered along with his heart, when a month ago Shayne began drinking. His drinking changed him, and up until last night he had only attacked Damien verbally, but something snapped in Shayne and he had beaten Damien. Thankfully, Ian had heard them, he broke it up and took Damien to his house. He was so grateful to have Ian in his life, he was Damien's strength and he'd be lost without him. When he had woken this morning he found that all of his things were now in boxes in Ian's spare room, knowing what Ian had done for him, he smiled sadly; he knew he'd never be able to thank Ian for all he's done and continues to do for him. He sighed, as he got out of bed slowly, got his things, and went for a shower, once he was finished he got dressed, before he went to the living room. Ian was on the phone with someone, seeing Damien he told the person he had to go, before he hung up.

 "Morning, D." Ian said, as he hugged him gently.

 "Morning, Ian." Damien replied.

 "How you feeling?" He asked, as they sat on the couch.

 "Numb, I guess." Damien answered quietly, not sure what to tell him.

 "That was Mr. Fields on the phone, I told him that I had a family emergency, and needed you to be with me, and he gave us a few days off to sort things out." Ian explained.

 "A family emergency, dude, really?" Damien said smiling.

 "What? In my defense I didn't lie, you are my family, and this whole...fucked up situation is an emergency involving you." Ian explained, Damien just smiled, as he shook his head.

 "Thanks, Ian...for everything, I...I'd be lost without you." Damien said sadly, as he took Ian's hand.

 "You don't have to thank me, that's what family is for, D, I love you." Ian replied, before he hugged him tight.

 "I love you too." Damien said, his voice laced with tears.

 "You hungry?" Ian asked when the hug ended.

 Before Damien could answer, someone began banging on the front door, seconds later, Shayne's voice was heard calling for Damien. Both men turned to look at the door, Damien was scared; he was frozen and breathing hard. Ian quickly grabbed Damien's face and made him look at him, as he spoke firmly.

 "Damien, look at me!" Ian ordered, as Damien did. "You're safe, I won't let him hurt you again, I promise! Go into the bedroom, and I'll get rid of him, okay? I'll come get you when he's gone, everything is going to be alright." He said, Damien nodded. "Good." Ian said hugging him.

 He waited until Damien was gone, before angrily, he got up and went to the door and opened it. Shayne looked horrible and even though Ian loved Shayne, he hated who he had become and what he had done to Damien. Shayne tried to get into the house, but Ian pushed him back outside onto the porch, before he came outside too, shutting the door behind him; he wasn't going to let Shayne hurt Damien anymore, not as long as he was around!

 "How...how is he?" Shayne asked quietly.

 "How the hell do you think he is? You beat the shit out of him and then tell him you don't care what happens to him! You ripped his damn heart out when you said that, Shayne!" Ian answered angrily.