Choices Pt7 (Ian/Damien)

Damien sat at his desk at work, staring out his window, he sighed shakily, as he thought of how shitty his life had become lately. Taking a deep breath to clear his head, he turned away from the window and tried to get back to work. After a few unproductive minutes of not being able to concentrate, he put his head down on the desk, as his phone went off signaling he had a new text. Keeping his head on the desk, he felt around for his phone, when he finally found it, he slowly lifted his head and looked at the message; it was from Shayne.

 S- Dude, where are you? We had a meeting with a potential client 15 minutes ago!

 D- Dammit, I forgot! Sorry, Shayne, I'm on my way now!

 S- Don't bother, it's already over.

 D- What? What happened?

 S- We lost another client.

 D- Another one?

 S- Yep, I'm almost back at the office, I brought you some lunch. I'll see you soon.

 D- Okay, thanks, Shayne.

 After ending the conversation with Shayne, Damien sighed frustrated, he put his phone back on the desk and ran his hands over his face. He thought about how they had lost another client to the competition, losing clients bothered him of course, but it was part of the business. What hurt though was that their competition was Ian! He looked at a picture on his desk of the three of them and began to think about his life with his brothers. It's been a week since the engagement party, and so far neither of them had found anything they could use to stop her, and it was starting to frustrate them; especially Damien, who wanted Ian back so badly. His thoughts were interrupted by his phone going off again with another new text, thinking it was Shayne he picked it up off of his desk and read the text; it was from an unknown number.

 ?- I know what you two are doing and I'm going to help.

 D- Who is this? How did you get this number?

 ?- A friend and it doesn't matter how.

 D- A friend, huh? And what is it exactly you think we're doing?

 ?- Taking down that bitch Rachel Carlisle!

 D- Who the hell are you?

 ?- I told you, I'm a friend! I know secrets about that bitch she wouldn't want anyone...especially you two to know.

 D- What kind of secrets?

 ?- Ones that would put her in jail and get you your precious Ian back!

 D- How do we know this isn't some kind of setup? We fall for your lies, and Rachel puts us in jail?

 ?- You don't, but you don't seem to be having any luck on your own.

 D- How the hell do you know that? And how can you help us anyway?

 ?- If you had found something, she'd be in jail and Ian would be home with you. As for how I can help...I know where to look.

 D- Why help? What's in it for you?

 ?- That is not your concern, all you need to know is that I'm going to help you bring down the bitch! Here's your first piece of the puzzle, look into a company called MacStarr Inc.

 D- Why?

 ?- You'll see, I'll be in touch in a couple of days.

 After ending the strange conversation with their new mystery friend, Damien put his phone back on his desk and quickly turned to his computer. Before he could do anything else, Shayne came into his office with their lunch, after greeting each other he sat across from him. Once he was sitting, Damien told him about the conversation and let him read it himself.