The Rancher's Son Pt4 (Ian/Shayne)

Ian sighed frustrated, as he walked around the grounds of his parent's ranch. He was looking for Damien, he had just had a strange conversation with Shayne and it worried him. He needed to find Damien and figure out what was wrong with Shayne. As he searched, he thought back on everything that's happened the last couple of months. As he searched for Damien, he hoped that whatever was wrong with Shayne, wasn't affecting Damien too. His thoughts were interrupted when he went into the barn and saw Damien alone, but before they could talk Ben found him.

 "Here you are Ian-Bear!" Ben said smiling, hearing Ian's name, Damien quickly looked at them and smiled. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

 "I just wanted to see if everything on the ranch was going okay." Ian replied.

 "I'm sure it is." Ben said.

 "Hey, guys." Damien said smiling, as he joined them.

 "Hey, Darren." Ben replied annoyed.

 "It's Damien." Ian corrected him.

 "Darren...Damien, who cares, I was close." Ben stated smiling.

 "You got a minute to talk, Ian? I really need to..."

 "Sorry, Damien, but Ian and I were just leaving." Ben said, cutting him off.

 "We are?" Ian asked confused.

 "Yep, we have lunch with our parents today. Sorry, Damien, whatever it is it'll have to wait." Ben answered.

 "It'll only take a few minutes, Ben." Ian said frustrated.

 "We have to leave now, they're expecting us."

 "It's okay, Ian, you guys go and I'll just talk to you later." Damien said, trying not to punch Ben.

 "Are you sure?" Ian asked.

 "Of course, he is, goodbye, Damien." Ben said, before he led Ian out of the barn.

 Once they were gone, Damien angrily began to mimic Ben and their conversation, as he went back to work. He thought back to what happened a few days ago when Ben had come to pick Ian up for the date Ian's father had set up. For the last few days, Damien's been trying to convince Shayne he was wrong, when that didn't work he decided to try talking to Ian about it. Of course though, with Ben constantly around, he couldn't and he wanted to talk to him before Ian ran into Shayne, knowing it wouldn't go good if that happened.

 Damien finished his chores in the barn and decided to have lunch with Shayne, maybe today he could finally talk some sense into that thick skull of Topp's! He had just left the barn when his phone went off signaling he had a new text. He took it out of his pocket and saw that it was Ian.

 I- Hey, have you talked to Shayne lately?

 D- Not since this morning, why what's going on?

 I- I talked to him earlier, but he was different. He kept calling me sir and acted like my employee, not my friend.

 D- I'll talk to him for you.

 I- Thanks, Dames.

 D- Ian, can I ask you something?

 I- Sure, what?

 D- You consider me and Shayne friends, right?

 I- Nope! I consider you brothers.

 D- Okay, thanks, I'll talk to you later.

 I- You alright?

 D- Yeah, Ian, I'm fine. I'll see you later.