Strangers In The Night Pt8 (Ianthony)

Anthony sighed, as he walked down the street to the coffee shop to meet up with Shayne. As he walked the busy streets, he began to think about the train trip he had been on two weeks earlier; a trip that had changed his life forever. The trip itself hadn't been anything special, it was the gorgeous, mysterious, Ian, that he had met that changed his life. Unfortunately, their short-lived, rocky relationship ended the day Roman stepped off the train and Ian didn't come with him. He sighed again, as he thought about everything that happened to him on that trip.

 It's been a week now, and Anthony tried to forget about Ian and move on, but no matter what he did nothing worked. He beat himself up every damn day for not trying harder to save their relationship. Shayne tried to be there for him and even though he was grateful for the support, a small part of Anthony still blamed him for Ian breaking up with him. He was miserable, the only time he was truly happy anymore was when he was asleep; at least then he was back with the man he cared deeply for, if only temporarily. His thoughts were interrupted by him arriving at the coffee shop, he went inside and looked around for Shayne, he found him sitting at a table by the window on his phone, so he joined him.

 "Hey, Shayne-O." Anthony greeted him smiling, as he sat across from him.

 "Hey, Anthony." Shayne said smiling, as he handed him the coffee he had bought for him, before he put his phone down on the table.

 "Since when do you come here?" Anthony asked, as he took a drink of his coffee and looked around. "You usually go to the coffee place downtown near work."

 "Thought I'd try something new." Shayne answered, as he checked his phone again.

 "You expecting a call or something, dude?"

 "What? No, I...I was just checking the time." Shayne answered.

 "Topp, you, my friend, are a horrible liar." Anthony stated smiling, as he took another drink of his coffee.

 "I'm not lying, I'm..." Shayne began, but was cut off by his phone ringing; both men looked at it, before they looked at each other.

 "You were saying?" Anthony said, before he laughed. "You better answer it; I'm going to go grab a bagel."

 A few minutes later, Anthony returned to their table just as Shayne hung up, smiling he handed him the muffin he had bought him, before he began eating his bagel.

 "Was that the call you were waiting for?" Anthony asked smiling.

 "Uh, I wasn't lying about checking the time. I...I was actually waiting for someone to join us, but that was them calling and they can't make it." Shayne explained sighing.

 "Shayne, look, I'm not interested in being set up, okay?" Anthony said sighing too, realizing what was going on. "I told you already, I'm..."

 "I know, I know, you already told me this, but this time is different, I swear. It's not really setting you up." Shayne said smiling, cutting him off.

 "I love you, Shayne, but I'm done with dating for a while. I really care about Ian and knowing nothing will come from it...hurts. I just need time to..."

 "Anthony, you don't understand." Shayne said, cutting him off.

 "No, Shayne, you don't understand. I'm done, no more trying to set me up, I need time to get over Ian and as my friend...as my brother, dammit, let me do it, please." Anthony said angrily, before he got up and left the shop.