The Rancher's Son Pt12 (Ian/Shayne)

Ian paced the living room of his parent's house, he was alone right now, both his parents were in his father's office talking. He used his crutches to make his way to the couch, once there he sat down and put his broken leg on the table. He leaned back against the couch and ran his hands over his face, he couldn't stop thinking about what had happened only minutes ago in their barn. Ian and his parents had overheard a conversation between Ben, Shayne, and Damien. After hearing what Ben had said about him and his parents, Ian was furious, but he was also glad that they had learned the truth now before he made the biggest mistake of his life by marrying that asshole. He sighed, as he began to think about everything that's happened between them and how they had gotten to this point. Ben had tried to lie his way out of it, trying to make Damien and Shayne out to be the bad guys; Ben was a lot of things and a damn good liar was one of them. Ian had been worried that his parents might believe his lies, but thankfully, they didn't and after his father told Ben off, he asked Damien and Shayne to escort Ben to his car and make sure he leaves and they happily agreed. Once they were gone, Ian and his parents went back to the house, he waited in the living room, while his parents talked privately in his father's home office. His thoughts were interrupted by his parents coming into the room, seeing them, Ian stood up using his crutches; his father looked angry and his mother's face showed no emotion at all.

 "Have Damien and Shayne come by the house?" His father asked.

 "No, they probably went back to their bunk." Ian answered.

 "Sweetheart, we're so sorry that we tried to force you and Ben together. We thought we were doing the right thing for you." His mother said sadly.

 "I know, none of us knew what was really going on." Ian replied smiling sadly, as he took his mother's hand. "Now that we know the truth, does this mean you're going to talk to Shayne and ask him to stay?" He asked smiling.

 "No." His father answered.

 "What? Why the hell not?" Ian asked upset. "They didn't steal anything, they were set up by Ben, everything has been a damn lie!"

 "That may be true, but that doesn't change the fact that Shayne's anger is out of control, among other things, he's just too unpredictable. My decision still stands, Ian, end of discussion!"

 "This is unbelievable!" Ian said angrily. "You're wrong about him, dad! You don't even know him, dammit!" He added defending Shayne, he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

 "And you do?" His father questioned upset.

 "Yeah, dad, I do! He's a damn hard worker, he's smart, funny, unapologetically honest, and the man I love!" Ian said, before he could stop himself.

 "What did you just say, Ian?" His father demanded angrily.

 "I said I love him and now I know he loves me too!"

 "Unacceptable! No son of mine will be with a damn ranch hand!" His father yelled furious, as he stood in front of Ian.

 "You can't tell me who I can or can't be with, I'm a grown man!" Ian yelled upset.

 "You may be an adult, but you're still my son and I refuse to let you date someone beneath you!"

 "He loves me and makes me happy, but I guess that doesn't matter if he's not a rich son-of-a-bitch, like you!" Ian yelled, before he left the room and went upstairs.