The Rancher's Son Pt10 (Ian/Shayne)

Ian sat on the couch in the living room of his parent's ranch house, his right leg in a cast and propped on the coffee table with a pillow under his foot. Since hurting his leg yesterday he's been confined to the house, making him crazy with boredom! As he sat alone, he took his phone out of his pocket and began trying to find something to do, instead, he saw a picture of himself with Shayne and Damien, he smiled as he looked at it. If it hadn't been for Shayne, his accident could have been a lot worse! Staring at the picture he sighed shakily, as he began to think about everything that's happened between the three of them and how the two men had become strangers to him.

 After they had returned to the ranch, everyone was so relieved to see them, Ian's parents thanked him before his parents and Ben took him to the hospital; he had no serious injuries, except for his foot, which was put in a cast for six to eight weeks and a cut on his forehead that needed 10 stitches to close. When they got home it was late, so Ian didn't get to see Damien or Shayne again for the rest of the night. Today, his parents confined him to the house, which meant he wouldn't see Damien or Shayne today either, thankfully, Ben had to work, so he didn't have to put up with him. His thoughts were interrupted by Shayne's voice from behind him.

 "How's the leg and head today, sir?" Shayne spoke, startling Ian, causing his leg to fall off the coffee table and hit the floor hard.

 "OW, dammit!" Ian said through clenched teeth, the pain shooting through his entire body.

 "Easy, sir, let us help you before you hurt yourself anymore." Damien said smiling, as he and Shayne helped him get comfortable again.

 "Thanks." Ian said quietly, smiling sadly at them, he had heard them call him sir again and it made his heart hurt. "What...what are you two doing here?"

 "Well, we didn't get a chance to see how you were doing after the hospital last night, so we decided to do it now." Damien answered smiling.

 "Oh, well I'm fine...or I will be in six to eight weeks." Ian replied smiling too.

 "And your head?" Damien asked.

 "10 stitches, but otherwise, it's okay." Ian answered, as he touched his forehead gently, wincing a little.

 "We should get back to work, but we're glad you're okay, sir." Shayne said smiling.

 "Okay, and thanks, guys, it means a lot that you came to check on me." Ian replied quietly, before they left.

*Two Days Later**:

 Shayne sighed, as he finished the repairs to the barn caused by the horrible storm that they had had two days ago. He was alone right now, Damien was doing some repairs to a couple of the other buildings, then he was meeting up with Shayne, so they could put up a new fence in one of the back pastures. As Shayne put his toolbox into the back of his pickup truck, he saw Ben pull up in his car and Shayne's hands clenched into fists at his sides. He watched the bastard get out of his car and head for the main house, going inside without even knocking, as if he owned the damn place. He sat down on the open tailgate of his truck and sighing took off his cowboy hat, before he used his shirt to wipe off his sweaty face. He put his hat back on and began to think of his life and everything that's happened to him over the past few weeks. It's been two days since Ian's accident and Shayne's avoided the entire Hecox family, still unable to get over being accused of stealing, thankfully, Ben, the asshole, had been avoiding both him and Damien, at least something good came out of this. His thoughts were interrupted by Damien joining him, Shayne smiled, as Damien sat beside him on the back of his truck.