Living In The Past Pt10 (Ianthony)/(Shaymien)

Ian sat in his car in the parking lot of the restaurant he was supposed to meet Shayne and his date at. This wasn't how he wanted to spend his Friday night, being the third wheel on Shayne's date, but it wasn't like he had anything else to do and it sure as hell was better than his alternative...sitting at home, crying over Anthony. He's been waiting now for 10 minutes for Shayne to show up, he sat in silence after he turned the radio off; it seemed like every station was playing either a damn love song or break-up song just to torment him. He leaned back and sighed; as he watched another happy couple in love go into the restaurant. Seeing them made him think about how he had lost the man he loved more than anything else in the world all because of his own stupid jealousy. Ian was so lost without Anthony and the ache in his heart wouldn't go away, but he had no one to blame but himself.

 The only good thing that came out of this hell, was his new friendship with Shayne; he was glad they had become best friends, but he was secretly also using their friendship as a way to stay connected to Anthony. Being alone without any distractions his heart ached, he needed Anthony back, he felt like he was losing his damn mind. He had lost his soulmate and it was all his fault Anthony had walked away. His thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on the window, he quickly wiped away his tears, before he looked at the person and saw it was Shayne. Smiling, Ian got out of his car and greeted him, hoping that Shayne didn't notice he had been crying.

 "Hey, Shayne." Ian greeted him smiling. "I thought you were going to text me when you guys got here?"

 "I was, but we just got here, I saw your car, so I thought I'd come and get you instead." Shayne answered smiling, pretending he didn't see Ian crying again.

 "Oh, where's Damien?" Ian asked noticing they were alone.

 "Inside, at our table." Shayne said, as they walked to the restaurant.

 Ian followed Shayne inside and through the semi-busy restaurant, a smile on his face. His smile disappeared though when they reached their table and saw Anthony sitting there with Damien. Ian froze, as Anthony turned smiling, until he saw Ian and his smile disappeared.

 "What the hell is going on?" Anthony demanded angrily. "Why are you here?" He questioned Ian. "Why is he here?" He demanded, looking at Shayne.

 "Anthony, calm down. It was my idea..."

 "Our idea." Damien said, cutting Shayne off. "It was our idea to invite you both here tonight."

 "Ian didn't know you'd be here, just like you didn't know he'd be here. Don't blame him, be angry with me, he had nothing to do with this, I swear." Shayne said gently.

 "I'm leaving." Anthony said upset, as he stood.

 "No, Anthony, you stay, I'll leave." Ian said upset.

 "No one's leaving. Anthony, Ian, please stay and have dinner with us. I want both my best friends to get to know Damien." Shayne begged them sadly.

 "Fine." Anthony and Ian said together, as Anthony sat back down and Ian sat beside Shayne.

 Dinner was tense, but eventually, things calmed down and they ate, drank, talked, and even laughed; they got to know Damien and all of them really liked each other. Anthony was so uncomfortable, he still loved Ian as much as he always has, but the hurt and anger over Ian's not trusting him were still there too. After their break up it had taken him weeks to be able to start living life again; he wasn't completely ready to move on, but at least now he didn't break down every time he thought of him. Being here with Ian tonight though, brought everything he's fought so hard to let go of, rushing back to him and he felt like he couldn't breathe.