Rescue Pt5 (Ian/Damien)

Damien stood in the mobile command center, staring at the monitors on the wall that held the images of Ian and Grant. Damien sighed shakily, as he watched the monitors, he was alone right now, Shayne was outside talking to their Captain. He wiped his tears away, before he sighed again and began thinking about how this nightmare started. It's been an hour since they found him and knew Grant and his team had to go slow and carefully so they didn't cause another collapse, Damien was so nervous and couldn't wait to have him back in his arms again. His thoughts were interrupted by Shayne coming back into the command center.

 "How's the rescue going?" Shayne asked, as he joined Damien at the monitors and handed him a coffee.

 "Thanks, and it's going slow, but they're almost to the spot they entered the school from, so hopefully, it won't be much longer." Damien answered sighing, as he took the coffee. "Where were you?"

 "I was just listening to a reporter talking on camera about receiving another letter from our bomber!" Shayne answered bitterly, purposely leaving out the part about the bomber calling him and taunting him about Ian.

 "What...what did it say?" Damien questioned.

 "He's laughing about it, that son-of-a-bitch is actually getting pleasure out of Ian being hurt because of him!" Shayne replied angrily. "When we arrest that bastard I'm going to get pleasure out of hurting him!"

 "Shayne, calm down, please. This is what he wants, you can't let him know his plan is working. Right now, Ian's our main priority!" Damien said gently, as he put his hand on Shayne's shoulder and squeezed it softly.

 "You're right, D, I'm sorry it's just..."

 "I know, Shayne." Damien said, cutting him off, before they hugged.

**Meanwhile**:

 Ian drifted in and out of consciousness, it was becoming harder and harder for him to tell the difference between reality and his imagination. It was so damn hot and he was having a hard time breathing, he knew that wasn't a good sign, time was running out. When he was awake, he didn't have enough energy to open his eyes, so he lay on his back thinking of his brothers. He came back to reality again and it felt like he was moving...no, it felt like he was flying! He suddenly stopped moving and heard the voices again, he was so sure he knew who one of the voices belonged to, so sure he had heard it before, but he couldn't think of who it belonged to. He opened his eyes and tried to focus on the bodies around him, but everything was blurry and all he could make out were colors.

 "Am...am I dead?" Ian whispered, as he closed his eyes again.

 "Nope, we got you, Ian! We're going to get you out of here and you back to your very worried boys!" Grant said smiling, as he took Ian's hand and squeezed it gently.

 "Gr-Grant?" Ian asked.

 "Yep, you're going to be just fine, Ian! We're getting you out of..." Grant began, but was cut off by the unmistakable sound of creaking metal. "The building is going to collapse again, I want every member of my team out of here now!"

 "Sir, what about you and Hecox?" A female Officer questioned worriedly.

 "Don't worry about us, Ross, we'll be right behind you. Now go, that's an order!" Grant demanded.

 "What...what's going on?" Ian asked quietly.

 "The building is weakening, we have to get out of here before it collapses." Grant said gently.