Drunken Mistake Pt8 (Ian X Reader)

I sighed sadly, as I sat on the couch waiting for Mari to arrive, as I waited I had the sudden urge to relive the past, so I had gone to my room and grabbed all of my old photo albums and returned to the living room. I then began looking through all of my old pictures of Ian, Anthony, and I from when we were younger. I smiled through my tears at the memories, wishing that I had told Ian that I loved him years ago, maybe then, things would be different? I knew I could talk to Anthony about this; he was like my older brother and I had gone to him with so much over the years, but for some reason I just couldn't tell him about loving Ian. So, I decided to talk to Mari who was like my sister, I knew she could help me, she's been there for me so many times before, I trusted her with everything. My thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on the door, sighing I put the album on the coffee table and wiping away my tears, I got up and answered it to find Mari standing there alone.

 "Hey, Mari." I greeted her smiling, as we hugged.

 "Hey, (Y/N/N)." She returned the greeting, as I let her in and shut the door.

 "Thanks for coming over, I really need someone to talk to right now." I said sighing, as we went into the living room and sat together on the couch.

 "Okay, (Y/N/N), what's going on?" She asked, as she took my hand and leaned against me.

 I had been completely ready to tell her everything, but the second that came out of her mouth I froze, I couldn't do it anymore for some reason.

 "Nothing." I replied lying, as I smiled and got up to go to the kitchen. "You want a drink or something?" I asked, as I began to walk away, but she grabbed my arm stopping me and pulled me back onto the couch.

 "Nice try, (Y/L/N), you're going to tell me what's going on."

 "I...I can't." I said sighing frustrated with myself.

 "Look, (Y/N/N), you can tell me anything, you know that, right?"

 "I do know that, but it's not that easy." I replied.

 "Does it have anything to do with your trip down Memory Lane?" She asked smiling, as she pointed to the photo albums on the coffee table.

 "Okay, I'm...in love with Ian!" I yelled upset, before I quickly covered my mouth with both hands.

 Neither of us said anything for a few seconds, we just stared at each other silently, on the inside though I was panicking, afraid of what she's say.

 "You...you love...Ian?" She repeated slowly, I nodded. "Does he know?"

 "No!" I said quickly. "No one knows, but you."

 "Wait, Anthony doesn't even know?" She asked shocked knowing how close we are, I shook my head no. "How long have you loved him?"

 "Um...years." I replied quietly.

 "What?" Mari asked shocked. "Years?"

 "Yeah, in high school I had a crush on him, but I fell in love with him a year after we graduated."

 "You never told him?"

 "No, I...I was afraid of rejection and losing him if he didn't feel the same. I...I still am, honestly."