Love Hurts Pt13 (Shaymien)

Damien stood in front of the punching bag at the gym and began hitting it. As he did, he heard the familiar laughter of Ian and Shayne. Damien stopped hitting the bag, looked over at them, and sighed shakily. Shayne looked his way and for a brief second their eyes met, before Damien quickly looked away. He looked back at the bag and began punching it again, harder than before, as he did he let his mind take him back to how he ended up where he was now. His thoughts were interrupted by Ian coming up to him.

 "You should really pick on someone your own size, dude." Ian said smiling, as he stood alone in front of Damien.

 "You volunteering?" Damien teased smiling, as he stopped, picked up his towel, and began drying off.

 "Nah, wouldn't wanna hurt you!" Ian replied, both men laughed.

 "Where's Shayne?" Damien asked.

 "Gone to lift some weights. You wanna come with us to lunch?"

 "Uh, no, I'm good." Damien answered quickly.

 "You sure, dude? It's Shayne's turn to buy."

 "Nah, I'm not hungry, I had a big breakfast." Damien lied.

 "No, you didn't! You only had a coffee, Damien, I was with you this morning, remember? What's really going on?"

 "I'm fine, Ian, I'm just not hungry, okay!" Damien replied frustrated.

 "Damien, talk to me, please. I know you and I know you're not alright." Ian said worried.

 "I'm okay, Ian, I promise. The second I'm not I'll come talk to you, alright?"

 "Okay."

 "I'll see you guys later." Damien said smiling, before he hugged Ian and went to the locker room.

**Days Later**:

 Shayne sighed, as he got out of the shower and began getting changed for bed, he wasn't able to sleep, so he had stayed up thinking about Damien and how he's still avoiding him. It tore him apart to not only lose the man he loved, but have Damien avoid him too. Shayne didn't blame Damien for what happened and he wasn't angry either, how could he, all of this was Shayne's fault and he hated himself for it. Damien didn't deserve anything Shayne had said and done to him and wished he could take back every hit and hurtful thing he ever gave him. He sighed again, before he left the bathroom and went to go to bed, but stopped when he looked out his window and saw Damien alone in the backyard. Shayne's heart ached seeing how sad he looked and wanted so badly to take him in his arms until Damien's hurt went away, but couldn't because it was his fault that Damien was hurting. The love he felt for Damien took over and before he could stop himself, he left his house and went to talk to Damien. Thankfully, he came back to reality, before he could actually say anything and just stood by the gate watching Damien with tears in his eyes and a never-ending ache in his heart. Suddenly, Ian's voice spoke from behind him scaring him, he turned around to find Ian leaning against the house, arms crossed, as he stood on the porch.

 "Come inside, it's cold." Ian said gently.

 Shayne sighed, he was tempted to go back to his own house, but knowing he needed someone to talk to, he nodded silently and followed Ian inside the house. Inside, Shayne went to the back door and stood in silence watching Damien.

 "He's just...lost right now." Ian's gentle voice spoke from behind him.

 "Because of me." Shayne replied sadly. "I hurt him, Ian, and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for that...how can I?"