Online Lovers Pt2 (Ian/Shayne)

The morning sun shone through the window and directly into the face of a sleeping and hungover Shayne. He groaned and put his pillow over his head, trying and failing to block out the annoyingly too bright light. His head pounded and his stomach was turning; this was why he hardly drank alcohol. He had no freaking idea how Ian and some of their other friends drank like damn fish and were still able to function the next day as if all they had been drinking was water.

 Thinking of Ian reminded Shayne what had happened the night before and he groaned again; if he hadn't have been feeling sick already, he would have been the minute he remembered last night. He remembered the whole damn night. Every. Single. Thing! On top of feeling completely mortified, he was so confused by Ian's confession of loving Shayne too. For the last six months, he and Ian hated each other, constantly putting their best friends/family; especially Damien and Courtney, in the middle of their fights. Then two months ago, needing to relax and unwind after another long day of pretending he was still close to Ian, Shayne logged onto a Smosh fan chat site and quickly started an online friendship with another fan. He grew to really like them, he helped take away the ache he had in his heart for Ian; which after a while he realized was love, but at the time he just thought it was him missing their friendship.

 It wasn't until his new friend suggested that they go on a date and they met at a restaurant, that Shayne discovered that the man he was using to get over Ian was actually his brother all along; neither of them had known that until that moment. Of course, Ian was just as shocked and disappointed as Shayne was. He had tried to leave, but Ian refused and they had had their date, of course, Ian had taken off when the check came leaving Shayne to pay it.

 Needing to get rid of the memories of their date, Shayne went to a bar and proceeded to drink until he was shit-faced. That's when his Knight in shining armor appeared, stopping him from drinking any more than he already had, and took him back to his house. Ian helped him to bed and that's when Shayne made the biggest mistake of his life and confessed his love to Ian, before he kissed him. It wasn't because he told Ian of his love that was the mistake, it was because he did it when he was drunk. When Ian told Shayne that he loved him too, Shayne was beyond happy and continued trying to seduce him. Ian though was a complete gentleman and even though he wanted Shayne as badly as he wanted Ian, he refused to take advantage of Shayne in his drunken state and left after Shayne had passed out.

 Shayne took the pillow off of his face and slowly sat up, he sighed and rubbed his aching head, he went to get up, but stopped noticing that Ian had left a glass of water and two pain killers on his nightstand. Smiling, he took the pills, before he got up slowly and after getting his things for a shower he went into the bathroom. An hour later, he was at work in the kitchen making himself a coffee, when he was done, he went to leave and go to the break room, when Ian walked in. Both men froze as they stared at each other, Ian rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He went to speak, but Shayne stopped him by hugging him, as Shayne pulled away smiling he kissed Ian's cheek.

 "Thanks for taking care of me last night, Ian." Shayne said, before smiling, he took his coffee and left the room.

 Ian said nothing, once alone he smiled to himself as he touched his cheek where Shayne had just kissed him. As he did, he thought about what happened the night before, Shayne remembered everything. Just then his thoughts were interrupted by Damien and Courtney coming into the room for coffee, seeing Ian's smile they looked at each other before they looked back at him and Damien spoke.

 "You're in a good mood, Ian. What happened?" Damien asked.

 "Nothing, guys, I'm just in a good mood this morning, is there something wrong with that?" Ian lied, as he patted Damien on the back, before smiling, he made himself a coffee and left the room.