Liquid Courage

The dimly lit bar was nearly deserted, the air was thick with cigarette smoke and the stench of stale cigarettes, alcohol, and unfulfilled dreams. The perfect place for Ian Hecox to drown his sorrows; Ian was a creature of habit and all his life he would turn to alcohol to fix his problems, alcohol was his true best friend. It didn't judge and most importantly it never left him.

 He sat at a table alone, he was slouched in his seat, both elbows on the table, a half-empty glass of whiskey in front of him. He ran his hands over his face, as he once again tried to sort through the chaos in his head. Normally, Ian loved the constant, non-stop chaos in his head, couldn't live without it, he worked better with it. For the last year though, Ian began to really hate it, all because the chaos revolved around one man. A man he knew as well as he knew himself, a man he considered a brother, a man he was in love with. The man was one of his best friends/family and co-worker in Smosh Shayne Topp.

 Ian had always loved Shayne, as much as he loved their other best friends/family and co-workers in the Smosh family. That all changed though a year ago when he found himself in love with Shayne. Of course, he had tried denying it to himself, Ian couldn't be in love with him, he couldn't have feelings for the man he's worked with for years. Ian had been in love only twice before, and they both had ended horribly, so he had closed off his heart, keeping it hidden behind walls. Then Shayne came along and smashed through the walls, bringing Ian to his knees.

 Being in love was completely terrifying to Ian, you'd think he'd be happy, right? Wrong! He was beyond miserable, he kept his love secret, telling no one, especially Shayne. He was afraid he'd lose Shayne completely if he didn't feel the same as he did. So, Ian suffered in silence, drinking his nights away alone, until he was so drunk he couldn't remember his own name. He always managed to show up to work the next day and be his usual happy self and have no problem filming videos or whatever else he had going on at work; no one in the Smosh family knew about his secret drinking.

 Usually, Ian stayed at his house drinking, hiding himself away from the world, but when he's had a really rough day at work, he would go out to a nearby bar and drink himself stupid. That's how Ian ended up in this piece of shit bar, he had had the day from Hell at work. Everything that could go wrong did and the worst part about it was that he had had to film two videos today with Shayne and both of them required him to be close to the man he loved; so he needed to get completely shit-faced! The only problem with going out to drink, was that Ian wasn't good at handling his emotions and feelings while sober, so trying to do it drunk was even more challenging, and that always got him into trouble. Ian had lost count of how many drinks he's had, he knew he was drunk, but not completely wasted.

 An hour later, unable to accomplish his goal, Ian got angry and he acted out causing a scene. Tired of his crap the bouncers; who had already warned Ian about it once, threw him out. Ian, being Ian though didn't go quietly; he fought and yelled the entire way out. Once alone outside, Ian sat on a bench and rubbed his hands over his face, suddenly he heard Shayne calling his name. Being drunk, Ian thought Shayne's voice was in his head again.

 "Why won't you leave me alone!" Ian said upset, as he grabbed his head in frustration.

 "I can't because you're my brother." Shayne answered, touching Ian's shoulder.

 "S-Shayne? What...what are you doing here?" Ian asked, as he stood quickly causing him to stumble.

 "I came here with Damien and Courtney for a few drinks." Shayne answered, as he caught Ian before he fell. "I saw you sitting here alone. Are you okay, man?"