The Boss's Son Pt7 (Ian/Damien)

Damien finished making sure the last of the preparations for the funeral of his boss and father of his boyfriend Ian, Thomas Ford. It had been a lot of work for him and Ian, but thankfully, they had help from Shayne. The funeral was in three days and even though Damien and Shayne would be there, they wouldn't be able to support Ian in the way they both wanted; things were...complicated. He turned his computer off and put it on the coffee table, before he stood up from the couch and went to the window. He looked out at the dark night and sighed, wishing his and Ian's relationship was less complicated; especially now when Ian needed him the most. As he stood looking out the window, he began to think about everything that's happened that led them to this moment. His thoughts were interrupted by the front door opening and Ian and Shayne came inside, laughing at something one of them had said.

 "We're back!" Shayne called out.

 "Hey, guys." Damien greeted them smiling, as they came into the living room.

 "We got the pizzas, beer, and snacks." Shayne said smiling, as they put down the things they carried onto the coffee table, before Ian kissed Damien. "We can officially get this guy's night started!"

 "Before we do, I just want to thank you guys again for this...hell, for everything you two have done for me since my father died. I couldn't have made it through these last few days without you." Ian said sadly.

 "No thanks necessary, Ian." Shayne replied smiling, as Damien agreed smiling, and took Ian's hand. "That's what friends do for each other."

 "Okay, now that that's out of the way, let's get this guy's night started!" Ian said smiling.

**Three Days Later**:

 Ian finished getting dressed in his suit, today was his father's funeral and he wasn't sure he was going to be strong enough to go through with it. Even though his relationship with Damien and his friendship with Shayne were both secrets, just knowing they were going to be there to support him was enough; especially Damien. He loved Damien, he was the first person he's ever loved romantically; he had never been the kind of guy who wanted to settle down, until, of course, Damien freaking Haas came into his life. It bothered him that they couldn't be like other normal couples and they had to keep their love hidden; Damien deserved better, but it was to protect Damien, and the job he's worked his ass off for years to get, he'd do anything for Damien. It was times like this though, that their secret love really got to him, sighing shakily he sat on the edge of his bed and began to think about Damien and everything that's happened between them. He had grown closer to both men during this time and he was so grateful for their support, he would never have made it without them; especially Damien. His thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing, sighing shakily he wiped his tears away and took his phone out of his pocket, he answered it without looking to see who it was.

 "Hello?" Ian said, as he closed his eyes and ran his free hand over his face.

 "Hey, baby." Damien greeted him.

 "Dames, how did you know I needed to hear your voice right now?" Ian asked smiling sadly.

 "My boyfriend senses were tingling." Damien replied, causing Ian to laugh a little and it sounded so good to Damien. "I just wanted to call and check on you, since I won't be able to at the church."

 "I...I feel like I'm about to either cry or puke, honestly...maybe both." Ian answered sighing.

 "You're not alone through this, okay? Shayne and I will be at the church and after the funeral, you can stay with us at our house for a while if you want."