Saving Her Pt7 (Shartney)

Courtney paced her bedroom nervously, as she bit her nails. She glanced at the clock, it was getting late and she still hasn't heard from Connor. As she paced, she began to think of her life and how she had gotten to this moment. Connor had left an hour ago to talk to Shayne, Ian, and Damien, letting them know about their plan, he was supposed to have been only an hour, but he had been gone three now and she was getting worried. Her thoughts were interrupted by the door opening, she stopped pacing and spoke.

 "Connor, where..." She began, but trailed off when she saw Fox. "F-Fox?"

 "What were you expecting Connor?" Fox asked.

 "Oh, well...I can't go anywhere without a guard and Connor was going to take me to get groceries." She lied.

 "We have people for that Court, we have people to do whatever we want, so we don't have to do a damn thing." Fox said smiling, as he came into the room, locking the door behind him.

 "You...you're home early." Courtney said nervously, as Fox came towards her.

 "I finished my business early and came home, I missed you, Courtney. Didn't you miss me?" Fox asked, as he touched her face.

 "Of...of course, I did." Courtney lied smiling.

 Fox smiled, before he kissed her passionately; Courtney closed her eyes pretending it was Shayne kissing her. Suddenly, Fox pulled away and smiling, hit her hard across the face, knocking her to the floor. He then knelt beside her and continued to hit her, after a few seconds, he stopped and looking at her spoke.

 "I told you not to lie to me, Courtney!" Fox said angrily, as he stood.

 "I...I'm not!" She replied.

 "Do you think I'm stupid?"

 "No!" Courtney answered scared.

 "You were going to try and escape, when Connor took you out! You thought that you'd be able to get away from him and run back to Topp, Hecox, and Haas! My men have been told that if that ever happened they weren't allowed to kill you, but they could hurt you and you wouldn't want that to happen do you?"

 "I...I'm sorry, Fox." She replied.

  "Clean yourself up, we're going out for dinner." Fox said, as he went to the door and unlocked it, before opening it to find Connor. "Ah, there you are, Connor."

 "Mr. Carter, you're home early, sir." Connor said smiling, as he looked into the room and saw a bruised and battered Courtney lying on the floor.

 "I finished my business early. Help my girl get cleaned up, we're going out to dinner in a half-hour and I want her looking good." Fox ordered, before he left.

 "Courtney!" Connor said, as he rushed into the room and gently helped her up. "Dammit, I'm sorry I wasn't here to stop him." He said sadly.

 "Don't blame yourself, Connor. Did you talk to Shayne, Ian, and Damien?"

 "I did, but now that Fox is back early, we're going to have to change the plan a little bit." He explained. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up."

**A Week Later**:

 Shayne paced the parking lot nervously, while Ian and Damien leaned against the car watching him silently. They were supposed to be meeting with Connor to go over their plan to save Courtney, but he was late. At first, none of them were sure if they could trust Connor or not, he did work for Carter after all. It was only after talking to Courtney that they decided to give him a chance. After meeting him, they realized he wasn't going to screw them over, he really did care about Courtney and wanted to save her.