Love Hurts Pt8 (Shaymien)

Damien walked through the quiet park alone. The night was cool, causing him to do up his jacket, as he walked through the almost deserted park. He sighed, as he found a bench and sat down, he was exhausted after working all day with Ian and Shayne. Unable to sleep though, Damien decided to go for a walk to clear his head. He was so confused, he wanted to give Shayne a second chance, but the fear of being hurt again was stopping him. His thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing, he quickly wiped his tears away, as he took it out of his pocket, before smiling, he answered it.

 "I'm fine, Ian." Damien said smiling.

 "How did you know it..."

 "Was you? Oh, I don't know...maybe because it always is!" Damien answered, as they both laughed.

 "You coming back soon?"

 "Yes, dad, I'm on my way right now." Damien answered smiling, as he stood and began walking back to the hotel.

 "Cool, I'll see you soon."

 "See you in 15!" Damien replied, as he hung up and put his phone back in his pocket, as he shook his head smiling. "What a dork!"

**Days Later**:

 Shayne walked the halls at work looking for his brothers; he didn't like leaving them alone together for too long, ever since he believed that Ian was trying to steal Damien from him. He loved Ian as much as he loved Damien, but he refused to let anyone; especially Ian, take the man he loved from him. Ever since he kissed Damien on their date, Shayne became more determined than ever to win Damien back. Every day Shayne did little things for Damien to prove that he's changed and it seemed to be working.

 Suddenly, he stopped walking as he spotted his brothers standing alone outside of Damien's office laughing. Seeing the way Damien touched Ian's arm made Shayne furious, his hands clenched into fists at his sides, as he took a deep breath to calm himself. Shayne put on a fake smile, before he joined them, seeing him both his brothers smiled, as Damien spoke.

 "Hey, Shayne, we were waiting on your slow ass to join us so we could eat lunch." Damien said smiling, as they laughed.

 "Sorry, Craig wanted to talk to me about the new presentation." Shayne replied.

 "You okay, man, you seem tense? Did Craig do something to you?" Ian asked angrily.

 "Nah, I'm fine, Ian. Guess I'm just anxious to kick some ass in the presentation tomorrow, I'm okay though, really." Shayne answered smiling.

 "Come on, let's eat, I'm starving!" Damien whined laughing as they headed to the main doors.

**Later**:

 Shayne paced the living room of his house, he was angry. He had wanted to go to a late dinner alone with Damien, but before he could even ask, Damien once again chose to go with Ian to get take out for the three of them. He was getting angrier with Ian every day, Damien belonged with him, not that backstabbing, traitor, Hecox! Shayne wanted...no, needed a drink! This was the first time since he's gotten out of rehab that he's felt the urge to drink and that only added to Shayne's anger towards Ian. His thoughts were interrupted by his brothers returning with their food, once again Shayne faked his smile as he greeted them.

 "You're back."

 "Yeah, we would have been back sooner, but we ran into Tom and Carter from work." Ian replied smiling.

 "They asked where you were and we told them your lazy ass was back at the house, probably sleeping." Damien added, as they laughed.

 "Thanks, assholes." Shayne replied smiling, as they laughed again.

 After eating, they sat together on the couch watching TV, Shayne was sitting in the middle between his brothers; Damien sat as far from Shayne though as he could, without making it obvious, but he noticed. A little bit later, Shayne went to the bathroom, when he returned Ian was now sitting in the middle, leaving Shayne no choice, but to sit on the other end of the couch where Ian had originally been. As they watched TV, Shayne would sneak glances at his brothers and noticed Damien was sitting close to Ian, their bodies touching and his anger returned. He needed to find some way to get Damien alone again, to remind him of their love and connection.

**A Week Later**:

 Shayne smiled, as he made his way to Damien's office at work. He had just overheard Mr. Fields and Ian talking and knew his brother would be staying behind to have a meeting with their boss. This was the perfect opportunity to finally be alone with Damien again. Acting like he knew nothing about the meeting Shayne went into the room to find Damien finishing getting his stuff ready to go home.

 "Hey, Shayne, where's Ian?" Damien greeted him smiling.

 "Hey, D, and I don't know, I thought he was here." Shayne replied, playing dumb. "We should go find him, so we can..."

 "Don't bother, guys, I'm right here!" Ian said annoyed, cutting Shayne off.

 "What's going on, Ian? You seem pissed?" Shayne asked.

 "That's because I' am!" Ian answered. "Fields wants me to stay behind to talk about the new campaign he gave us yesterday. He said he already talked to you two about it."

 "Yeah, yesterday, while you were home sick." Damien answered.

 "You want us to stay?" Shayne offered.

 "Nah, you guys go home. I'll be back whenever Fields is done talking!" Ian answered, before he hugged them. "I gotta go, I'll see you guys later."

 "Later, man." Shayne said, as Ian left. "Since it's just us, why don't we stop and get dinner on the way home? We can watch a movie at my place or something while we eat." He suggested smiling.

 "Uh, I...I don't know. I'm beat, I think I'll just go back to Ian's place and go to bed." Damien answered nervously.

 "Aw, come on, D, it'll be fun, I promise." Shayne begged.

 "Okay, but I get to pick the movie." Damien agreed.

 "Fine by me." Shayne answered smiling, knowing Damien could never say no to him.

 Shayne couldn't wait to get Damien alone, he knew after tonight he would see that he had changed. When he did he'd want him, as much as he wanted Damien! Then there would be no way Ian could come between them again.

TBC...