Love Hurts Pt20 (Shaymien)

Damien sat on the couch in Ian's living room. He was alone right now both his brothers had gone to work out, but he had decided to stay at the house. He sighed heavily, before he leaned back against the couch and ran his hands over his face. His life had turned to shit, he felt like it was spiraling out of control and he hated not being in control of anything; especially his own life. Feeling tears building up in his eyes again, he took a shaky breath and thought about everything that's happened. How his once perfect life had turned into a damn nightmare and how he was slowly learning to rebuild himself again.

 The days passed, and now it was four months later, both Damien and Shayne continued working on themselves with the help of their therapists. Their relationship hasn't gotten any better, in fact; it's gotten worse since their argument. Since that night, Shayne's kept his distance from him, he won't talk about what happened and it felt like he had given up on them. It hurt Damien and he spent many nights talking to Ian about it and crying in his arms; he wanted a future with Shayne, but to do that he needed to find himself again and get past what happened between them. His thoughts were interrupted by his brothers returning, he quickly wiped his tears away, not wanting either of them to know he had been crying again.

 "Hey, D, we're back." Ian greeted him smiling, as they put their bags down by the door and joined him on the couch.

 "Hey, guys." Damien said smiling, hoping neither of his brothers would notice that anything was wrong with him. "How was your workout?"

 "Good, would have been a lot better if our favorite Haas had come with us though." Ian replied smiling, as he nudged Damien lightly with his shoulder.

 "Sorry, I...I just didn't feel like working out." Damien said sighing.

 "I'm going to go home, shower, and get ready, we have to go to the office in an hour." Shayne said quietly, as he got up and left the room.

 Damien watched him go, the ache in his chest growing, he ran his hands over his face again, as he felt Ian place a hand on his shoulder and squeeze it gently.

 "Damien, now that it's just us, you can tell me what's really going on?" Ian questioned.

 "Shayne's given up on us...me." Damien admitted sadly, as he stared at the floor.

 "He loves you, Damien. He wouldn't give up on your love."

 "Then explain why he's avoiding me, Ian? Explain why he doesn't say two freaking words to me unless we're working? Dammit, Ian, he...he can't even look at me!" Damien said upset, as he stood.

 "Damien, I love you, man, but I really think you're reading too much into this, dude!" Ian said, as he stood too. "Maybe, he's just giving you the space you need to get better?" He suggested, refusing to believe that Shayne had given up on Damien and their love.

 "I...I can't do this right now." Damien said, before he walked upstairs to his bedroom and shut the door behind him.

**A Week Later**:

 Shayne finished getting everything ready to go home, he had had a long day at work and just wanted to go home and relax. He was alone right now, both his brothers were in their offices getting ready to go home too. He sighed frustrated, as he sat at his desk. He was so tired of the way things were between himself and Damien; he wanted the man he loved back, but was slowly realizing that that might not happen. Being around Damien, but being unable to love him like he wanted to ripped him apart! He sighed again, as he thought about everything that's happened between the three of them over the last few months. The hardest part of this though, was the fact that Damien still hasn't said a damn thing to him about being sick, neither has Ian, but he knew Damien was still seeing the same Doctor. His thoughts were interrupted by Ian coming into the room alone, Shayne quickly put on a fake smile and greeted him.