Opposites Attract (Ian/Damien)

Damien Haas sat waiting for his best friend/brother Shayne Topp to join him for lunch like he did every day, he sat at their usual table and sighed smiling.

 Damien and Shayne met years earlier in elementary school and quickly became best friends not long after meeting. They were so close; they knew everything about each other and balanced each other out. Shayne was laid back, quiet; until you pissed him off, and he didn't give a damn what others thought about him. Damien, on the other hand, was an over-thinker, he had to have order in every part of his life or he wasn't happy, he was outspoken and constantly stressed about something. Shayne liked to tease him about his need for everything around him to be neat and clean at all times and came up with the nickname; only he used for him, Coneat Freak; which was control freak and neat freak put together. Damien worked as a bank manager for the largest bank in town, while Shayne was one of the head mechanics at the best garage in town. Damien's thoughts were interrupted by Shayne finally joining him, he sat across from Damien smiling and spoke.

 "Hey, man, sorry I'm late. I had to finish the car I was working on before I could leave." Shayne explained.

 "It's okay, Shayne, I already ordered our usual."

 "Awesome, I'm starving."

 "You're always starving, Shayne." Damien teased.

 "Shut it, Haas!" Shayne said, as they both laughed.

**Days Later**:

 Damien finished cleaning his already clean house, just as Shayne walked in and smiling he watched him clean.

 "Cleaning imaginary dirt again, Dames?" Shayne teased.

 "Ha, ha, Shayne! You ready to watch the movie?" Damien asked.

 "Yep, I brought the pizza and beer." Shayne answered, as they went into the living room and sat on the couch. "Hey, where's Thomas?" He asked about Damien's roommate.

 "Uh, he's gone." Damien answered, as he opened the pizza box and took a slice out.

 "Gone? You mean like to the store or..."

 "He moved out alright!" Damien said annoyed, cutting Shayne off, as he put the pizza slice down.

 "Again? Damien, that's the fifth roommate in the last five months, dude!"

 "So?"

 "So, you can't keep a roommate longer than a damn month, Damien."

 "It's not my fault they leave." Damien said in his defense.

 "Uh, yeah, actually it is! Damien, I love you, but you have a problem with control. Anything out of place makes you lose your damn mind, you need help, man."

 "I do not!"

 "Okay, prove it." Shayne said smiling, as he messed up the magazines on the coffee table, before he sat back, arms crossed watching Damien.

 "See, that doesn't bug me at all." Damien said, trying not to fix them, but seconds later he couldn't fight it any longer and quickly fixed them. "Dammit! Not one word, Topp!"

 "Seriously though, Damien, what are you going to do? You need a roommate."

 "I don't know, hey, maybe you can move in with me?" Damien suggested smiling.