The Boss's Son Pt5 (Ian/Damien)

Damien sat on the couch in his living room, a cold cup of coffee in his left hand and his phone in his right. He sighed, as he stared at the unsent text message on his screen; the same one he's been staring at since he typed it 20 minutes ago. Shayne was out getting them dinner; he had left after he finally convinced Damien to write the text. He put the coffee on the table, before he lay down on his back on the couch, still starring at the text, and felt his heart ache. Wiping his tears away he quickly erased the text and threw his phone to the end of the couch. He sighed again shakily, as he put his arms under his head and staring at the ceiling he thought about everything that's happened that had brought him to this moment.

 It's been a week now since his break up with Ian and he refused to see or talk to Damien outside of work and at work, he refused to as well, unless he had no choice and even then he treated Damien like a stranger and killed Damien. His heart was completely shattered and until he could talk to Ian, apologize and make things right, he'd never feel complete again. His thoughts were interrupted by Shayne returning, he didn't move or even acknowledge him when he came into the room. He closed his eyes tight, as Shayne put the food on the table, before he went to the couch and picked up Damien's phone and looked at it.

 "I...I couldn't send it." Damien said quietly, as he opened his eyes again and stared at the floor.

 "Dames, it's..."

 "Don't, Shayne, please." Damien said sighing, cutting him off, as he sat up and ran his hands over his face. "Can we just skip the pep talk tonight?"

 "Alright." Shayne agreed, as he sat beside Damien, he hated seeing his brother like this and it made him feel worse knowing he had been part of the reason Damien and Ian weren't together anymore.

**Days Later**:

 Two weeks later, Damien sat in the break room at work, being at work since the breakup was extremely hard on him. Ian treated him like a stranger and he avoided Damien, unless he couldn't; even going as far as having his father go over the campaign progress with them, instead of doing it himself. Every time he saw Ian his heart broke a little more, but he had no one to blame for the breakup, but himself for believing the lies, instead of believing in Ian. He wiped his tears away, he needed to keep it together; especially at work, knowing his blackmailers would be watching and he refused to give them the satisfaction of seeing him broken.

 Meanwhile, Ian sat in his office going over paperwork, he sighed exhausted, and decided to take a break; he had been working non-stop since he arrived at work this morning and it was almost time to go home. He ran his hands over his face, as he leaned back in his chair, suddenly, he heard someone mention Damien's name and he closed his eyes, as he once again thought about him; the man he had fallen in love with and thought he could have a future with, until they broke up. He still couldn't understand why Damien of all people would believe that he was getting special treatment at work just because he was dating him. Now that he and his father had cleared up that misunderstanding with the office; of course, his father didn't know anything about it though, everything should be okay again, but...it wasn't. Even though everyone now knew the truth and Ian still loved Damien, he couldn't give their relationship another chance, couldn't risk having everything fall apart again.

 "Excuse me, Mr. Hecox?" Shayne asked, as he knocked on the open door, Ian looked at him.

 "It's Ian and what can I do for you, Shayne?" Ian said faking a smile.