The Game Pt4 (Shaymien)

Damien sat down on his couch sighing, he was exhausted from another long week. It was finally Friday night, and he had the next two days off of work like he did every weekend and he planned on relaxing the entire time. Well, that was his plan anyway, normally his plans didn't work out like he wanted thanks to Shayne and Ian. He was waiting for them to come over with dinner and beer, like they did every Friday. As he waited, he thought back to everything that's happened to them over the past couple of months. His thoughts were interrupted by Shayne and Ian coming into the house, laughing at something one of them said.

 "Hey, Dames." Shayne greeted him smiling, as they hugged him.

 "Hey, guys." Damien said smiling, as they sat on the couch together; Damien sat in the middle, and his brothers sat beside him, one on either side of him.

 "Shayne-O and I figured out what we're doing this weekend." Ian said, as they began to eat.

 "Relax?" Damien asked smiling, as he took a drink of his beer.

 "Nope!" Shayne and Ian said together.

 "What?"

 "We're going to play paintball!" Shayne answered smiling, as he took a bite of his pizza.

 "Seriously?" Damien asked, hoping they were joking.

 "Yep, I found out about it today after work from Rich." Ian answered.

 "Awesome!" Damien replied sarcastically.

 "Come on, dude, it'll be fun." Shayne said nudging him lightly.

 "Right, sure it will. Nothing says fun like being shot at with paintballs. Next time I pick what we're doing, dammit." Damien replied annoyed.

 "Fine, if it'll get you to stop pouting." Ian said nudging him, as he and Shayne laughed.

**Days Later**:

 The days following the offer from Thomas and Billy, Shayne began to feel unwanted and not appreciated at home and at work by both his brothers; he felt like the guys didn't care about him or what was important to him. He didn't tell the guys though, and making things worse, Thomas and Billy continued coming to their job to try and talk Shayne into joining their team. At first, he continued to refuse and not listen to anything they had to say, but as his feelings of being unwanted grew, he began to listen to them. They were interested in him and knew things about him that Damien and Ian didn't. They made an effort to find out about the things that were important to him, unlike his brothers who acted like he didn't matter.

 One day, Damien and Ian went to the park to practice, as they neared the field, they saw Thomas and Billy, who were also there to practice. Both men had found out that the assholes were short a player and decided to rub it in, but before they did, Damien tried to get a hold of Shayne for the 100th time. Just like every other time they've tried though, when he called he got no answer. Both men were worried about him, they hadn't seen or heard from him all day and it wasn't like him. Sighing, Damien put his phone away, before they went to where Thomas and Billy were sitting on a bench talking, smiling, Damien spoke.

 "Hey, guys, we heard about you being short a player. That's too bad really, guess you're going to have to forfeit, huh? Without a complete team you ladies can't play." Damien mocked, as he and Ian smiled.

 "Forfeit? Why would we do that?" Billy asked.

 "Uh, because you're short a player." Ian answered.