Masquerade Pt3 (Ian/Courtney)

Ian Hecox; one member and president of YouTube's popular channel Smosh, sat at his desk in his office, while his best friends/co-workers were doing their own things around the office. His computer was on, and he pretended to be working, truthfully though, his mind wasn't on the work he should be doing, like usual, he was focused on one of his best friends/co-workers and the woman he loved, Courtney Miller. Ian's guilt over what happened last night at the party was killing him and it made him unsure of how to act and speak around Courtney, which made things very awkward between the two of them. Tonight, was the last night of the party, and even though he had told Samantha that he'd be there, being around Courtney today made him want to stay at home and not go.

 Meanwhile, Courtney sat alone in the writer's room staring at the wall, thinking like usual, of Ian, the man she loved. She has never loved anyone like she does Ian; she wanted only him and spending time last night with Ben made her feel horrible, like she was cheating or something. She decided she had nothing to feel guilty about though, they were only friends. If they were only friends, then why did Ben kiss her and she like it? Her guilt over it ripped her apart making her not sure how to act and talk around Ian, which made things very awkward between them. Tonight, was the last night of the party; the big unmasking, and even though she had told Ben that she'd be there, being around Ian today made her want to stay home and not go.

**Later**:

 Damien finished getting ready for the party in Ian's private bathroom at work; the rest of the Smosh family had already changed at the office and left for the party. He went into the break room without Ian or Courtney noticing. He stood quietly watching them, as they sat at both ends of the table, pretending to be on their phones, stealing glances at the other when they thought they weren't looking, smiling Damien shook his head. He's known from the beginning that his friends loved each other, but of course, he didn't let them know he knew. He had hoped they would have gotten together on their own, but that didn't happen, so he decided to do it for them. Nothing had worked so far, but then the Masquerade party happened; this was the perfect opportunity to get them together. Today, both of them had been acting weird, so, while they were between takes while filming, Damien decided to find out what was going on and both of them told him that had they kissed last night and liked it... the only problem was that they had no idea that they had really kissed each other.

 "Hey, Dames, you leaving now, man?" Ian's voice spoke, breaking into his thoughts.

 "Uh, yeah, I'm meeting the others there. Are you two coming?" Damien asked, already knowing the answer.

 "Nope." Ian answered smiling.

 "No thanks, man." Courtney added also smiling.

 "Alright, I'll see you guys tomorrow then, night."

 "Wait, you're not going to try and convince us to go?" Ian asked shocked.

 "Nope." Damien answered smiling, before with one last wave, he left, Ian and Courtney looked at each other confused, before Ian shrugged his shoulders.

 An hour later, Damien smiled, as he watched Ian go out to the garden to find Courtney. He had only been at the party a half-hour, before Ian showed up; just like Damien knew he would. Now, he just needed to wait for Courtney; who should be arriving anytime now.

 "Damien." Courtney's voice called to him seconds later.

 "Hey, Court, you decided to come, huh?" Damien greeted her smiling.

 "Yeah, have you seen Ben anywhere?" She asked nervously, as she played with something in her hand.

 "Uh, yeah, he's in the garden, probably looking for you." Damien answered, as he noticed she was holding something. "What's that?"

 "This?" She replied, as she held up what she was holding to show him. "It's a pin, I'm going to give it to Ben to wear so I can find him if we get separated."

 "Good thinking, Court." Damien replied smiling. "You better go to your boy, before he thinks you stood him up."

 "Shit, yeah. Thanks, Dames, I'll see you later." She said smiling, before she hugged him and left.

 Ian stood in the garden, he truly believed that he had been stood up and it bugged him, he really liked Samantha. Suddenly, someone came up behind him and covered his eyes, as they spoke.

 "Guess who?"

 "Um...the Toothfairy?" Ian replied smiling, as Courtney removed her hands.

 "Seriously? That's the best you can come up with?" She replied, as they both laughed.

 "What can I say; I'm not your average guy. I'm a little..."

 "Weird?" She said, cutting Ian off smiling.

 "I prefer crazy." Ian said smiling, as they both laughed again. "Now that we're both here let's go and raise some hell."

 "Before we do I want to give you something."

 "Really?" Ian said smiling, thinking she meant another kiss, he moved closer to her, their bodies touching. "What is it?"

 "This." She answered smiling, as she put the pin on Ian.

 "A pin?" Ian asked confused, as he looked at it.

 "Yeah, this way if we get separated I can find you." Courtney explained, as Ian pouted. "Aw, don't pout, Ben. Were expecting something else?"

 "Well, I wasn't expecting..." Ian began, but was cut off by her kissing him.

  "Better?" She asked once the kiss ended.

 "Oh, yeah." Ian answered. "Come on, we've got some hell to raise." He added, as he took Courtney's hand and they went back inside.

 Damien watched as his friends came back inside holding hands, he smiled. He loved those two oblivious idiots and knew they belonged together. He'd do whatever he had to do to make sure it happened, even if he had to bang their heads together to make them see it too. The first thing he had to do though, was to tell them who they really were, and then hopefully, they'll get together on their own. That was easier said than done, since neither of them would give him five damn seconds to tell them anything. He wouldn't give up though, his friends may be stubborn, but dammit, so was he, in fact, he was going to start right now.

TBC...