Love Hurts Pt15 (Shaymien)

Damien sat at his kitchen table waiting for the coffee he put on to be done. He sighed shakily, as he stared at the wall, while Shayne waited in the living room for him. As he waited for the coffee to be done, Damien debated with himself over whether or not he should call Ian. Deciding not to, he got up and began pacing his kitchen, as he thought back to how his once perfect life had turned into a nightmare! His thoughts were interrupted by the coffee being done, Shayne came into the kitchen to see if he needed any help and Damien suddenly felt like he couldn't breathe.

 "Shayne, would...would you be mad at me if I told you I wanted to finish our conversation tomorrow?" Damien asked quietly. "I...I just can't right now."

 "No, we can do this any time you're ready. I'm sorry for just showing up here this late and expecting you to talk." Shayne answered sadly. "I'll just go get a hotel room, and you can..."

 "You don't need to get a hotel room, you...you can stay here." Damien said smiling, cutting him off.

 "You sure? I really don't mind getting a room." Shayne questioned, wanting to make sure Damien was completely okay with this.

 "Yeah, of course, no matter what happens, Shayne, we're still brothers." Damien replied.

 "I know, thanks, D." Shayne said quietly.

 "You want a hand taking your bags to your room?" Damien asked, as he shut off the coffeemaker.

 "Nah, I got it." Shayne answered smiling sadly. "You go to bed, night, D."

 "Okay, night, Shayne." Damien said, before he left the room and went upstairs.

**The Next Day**:

 Shayne was awake before Damien the next morning; he had realized that after he had showered, changed, and went downstairs. So, he decided to make them breakfast, something he hasn't done in a long time, and truthfully he missed doing things like this for Damien. As he cooked and set the table, Shayne began to think of how his life with Damien has been since he returned from rehab. Shayne had spent most of the night thinking of Damien and what he was going to finally say to him, before he ended up falling asleep for a few hours. He had woken up a couple of hours ago; unsure if Damien was up yet, he showered, changed, and went downstairs.

 "What smells so good?" Damien asked smiling, breaking into Shayne's thoughts, as he came into the kitchen.

 "That would be our breakfast! I hope you're hungry?" Shayne answered, as he finished serving the food.

 "I' am, thanks, Shayne." Damien replied smiling, as they sat down at the table across from each other.

 As they ate, they talked, joked around, and laughed, and for a little while, Damien could almost pretend nothing that happened in the past existed and that everything between them was perfect again...almost. When breakfast was over, they both cleaned up the kitchen, and still not ready to talk about what happened or ruin their time together Damien suggested they go do something around town and Shayne agreed.

**Later**:

 Later that night, after a wonderful day of being together; including dinner at a nice restaurant, they were back at Damien's place and the weight of their upcoming talk hung over both of them, as they sat on the couch together in the living room.