Saving Her Pt22 (Shartney)

Shayne sat silently, tied to the hard chair, beside Damien, Ian, and Connor. He pulled on the ropes that bound his hands behind his back to the chair, trying to get free. The ropes were slowly loosening after three days of constant struggling, but they weren't loose enough yet for him to get free. Cursing silently, he breathed heavily, as he stopped struggling and hung his head. He thought about the hell Courtney was going through at the hands of a psychotic bastard, who's been obsessed with her for a long time now. He had promised her he'd keep her safe, that he'd protect her...but he failed. Closing his eyes tight, his tears fell silently, as he thought about everything that's happened to them and how this nightmare began. After their useless fight with Fox, trying to get him to let Courtney go, he left them with his little bitch Benson, who had beat on them for a while, before he left too and neither had come back the rest of the night. He must have passed out because when he opened his eyes again it was morning. The house was quiet; too quiet, and that scared him, so he began struggling with his ropes, he needed to get free and save Courtney before it was too late. His thoughts were interrupted by Ian speaking.

 "Shayne, we're going to get out of here and save Courtney, I promise." Ian said firmly.

 "Damn right we are, then we're going to kill Benson and Carter ourselves and make sure they're dead this time!" Damien added.

 "You can't lose hope, big man, we need you...Courtney needs you." Connor said trying to keep not only Shayne, Ian, and Damien together, but himself as well.

 "Thanks, guys." Shayne said sighing, as he stopped crying and looked at them. "I needed to hear that. Okay, let's figure out how to get out of these damn ropes and save our girl!"

**Meanwhile**:

 Reed sat at his desk, staring angrily across from him at Benson's desk. He couldn't believe that his partner...his best friend was corrupt! They had been partners for years and friends just as long, he felt so betrayed and it made him question if he had ever really known Benson at all! He leaned back in his chair sighing, as he ran his hands over his face and thought about being partners...friends with Benson and everything that's happened on the case. He knew that wherever they were, Carter would be too, he just needed to figure out where the hell that was! He had a few leads on places, but so far nothing stood out. His thoughts were interrupted by another Officer coming up to his desk and telling him that Stone wanted to see him. He got up and went to his office, he knocked on the open door, before going inside, closing the door behind him.

 "You wanted to see me, Captain?" Reed said, as he sat across from him.

 "I did, have you found a connection between Benson and Carter yet?"

 "Not yet, sir, but I have found some other interesting connections between Carter and some powerful officials.

 "Really?" Stone said, as Reed handed him a piece of paper with 10 names on it. "These are some very powerful people on here, are you sure they're connected to Carter in some way?"

 "Yes, sir, I have the proof to back it up." Reed said smiling. "Each of these men have in some way helped Carter benefit; whether it be in court or business, and every time he benefits..."

 "So do they." Stone said smiling, cutting him off. "This is excellent work, Detective Reed, with this evidence we can start arresting Carter's people and clear all the corrupt bastards out of power."