Saving Her Pt2 (Shartney)

The moon shone through the window, onto the bed where Shayne held the woman he loved, Courtney, close, as they both slept. In the bed next to theirs slept their two best friends/brothers Ian and Damien. Shayne was woken by the soft, yet scared murmurs coming from Courtney, he opened his eyes and looked at her, but said nothing as he held her closer and ran a hand gently through her hair. Like usual, that was enough to calm the younger woman down, letting her return to a peaceful sleep again.

 After she was sleeping again, Shayne lay there silently watching his girlfriend, thinking of how they ended up here in another hotel room far from home. Shayne's thoughts were interrupted by Courtney calling out for Shayne, Ian, and Damien in her sleep. Ian and Damien heard and rushed to the bed sitting down, as Shayne gently woke Courtney up, seeing they were okay she hugged them tightly in a four-way hug, as they reassured her they were safe.

**Days Later**:

 The days passed, they continued moving on, trying to put as much distance between them and Fox as they could, until Courtney finally felt safe again. As time went by, Courtney's physical injuries healed, but her emotional and mental injuries still affected their lives. If one of her brothers moved too fast near her or moved without Courtney noticing she automatically cowered away from them, doing the same thing if one of them raised their voice. If something went wrong, or broke Courtney would blame herself, apologize and try to fix it. She didn't like being left alone and had to know where Shayne, Ian, and Damien were at all times or she got upset. Worst of all were the constant nightmares she would have every time she closed her eyes. Shayne, Ian, and Damien took care of her and when she'd have a nightmare they would wake her and then stay up with her; sometimes staying up all night with her.

 All three men hated Fox and what the bastard had done to Courtney and worked hard to make her feel safe, loved, and help her return to her old self again. Courtney loved all three of her brothers and was so grateful she had them in her life, she'd be lost without them. She loved Shayne, but because of Fox, she couldn't be the kind of girlfriend Shayne deserved. She was self-conscious now, and never let Shayne see her without clothes on, she couldn't be intimate with him other than kissing or cuddling and it hurt her. This wasn't how she imagined being with Shayne was supposed to be. Unlike Fox though, Shayne was patient, loving, and gentle, he never got angry or frustrated at her, he never cheated or forced himself on her, he was the exact opposite of Fox in every possible way.

 As the days continued to pass, Courtney slowly began to return to her old self and her brothers couldn't be any prouder of her. One night, Courtney was watching TV, while Shayne, Ian, and Damien talked, she overheard them talking about their errands, she turned off the TV as she spoke.

 "Okay, I'll take Court with me to do the food run, while you and Ian do the laundry, we'll..."

 "Guys, I'm really tired tonight, I think I'll just stay here." Courtney said smiling, cutting Damien off.

 "Oh, okay. Well, laundry can wait until tomorrow, I'll stay with Court." Shayne said, knowing Courtney didn't like being alone.

 "I meant, I'll stay here...alone." She said smiling, all three guys were shocked.

 "It's okay, Court, we don't mind staying." Ian replied, all three men knowing how much she hated being a burden to them.

 "I know, Ian, but I...I think I'm finally strong enough to stay by myself."