The Rancher's Son Pt6 (Ian/Shayne)

Ian paced the empty barn nervously, as he waited for Damien to join him. He was grateful that Damien had agreed to meet him so they could talk about the broken relationship between himself, Damien, and Shayne. The three of them used to be so close, but after something happened that Ian didn't know anything about, Damien and Shayne had turned on him. They treated him like a stranger and it killed him, to know that he had lost them and he had no idea why they hated him. As he paced waiting for Damien, he thought back to when everything had changed between them.

 He needed his brothers back and maybe he'd find the courage to tell Shayne about his love? He wasn't sure what would happen after he talked to Damien, but one thing he did know was that if Ben was the reason he had lost his brothers, then he was going to make sure Ben paid for it and he didn't give a damn about the consequences! His thoughts were interrupted by Damien coming into the barn, Ian stopped pacing and smiled sadly at him, before he spoke.

 "Hey, Damien." Ian said, as Damien walked towards him. "I wasn't sure you'd come."

 "Yeah, well I did." Damien replied, keeping his distance.

 "How's your arm?" Ian asked.

 "Look, I thought you wanted to talk about what happened between us, not make small talk? Cause I've got work to do, sir!" Damien said bitterly.

 "Damien, I have no idea what the hell is going on! One day we're brothers, then the next you two hate me!" Ian said upset.

 "We don't hate you, sir, we just know our place now." Damien replied.

 "Shayne said the same damn thing to me earlier, but what does that even mean?" Ian asked frustrated.

 "It means..."

 "There you are, Ian-Bear." Ben said smiling, cutting Damien off, as he came into the barn. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

 "Ben, now's not a good time! Can you..."

 "It's fine, sir, I've got work to do anyway!" Damien said, cutting Ian off.

 "Damien, we need to..."

 "You heard him, baby, let him get back to work. We have a dinner date with your parents." Ben said, cutting him off again.

 "Have a nice dinner, sir!" Damien said, before he walked out.

 "Damien, wait!" Ian called out, but he ignored him and kept walking, leaving Ian more frustrated than ever.

**Two Weeks Later**:

 Shayne sighed, as he sat down under a tree taking a break from his chores; since Damien's hurt his arm, Shayne's been doing his own chores and the chores Damien couldn't do. As he sat there, Ian came out of the house, Shayne looked at him and their eyes met for a few seconds. Ben came out of the house and took Ian's hand, leading him to his car, they got in and drove away, Shayne watched them leave and felt his heart ache for Ian. Seeing the truth, Damien began acting like Shayne towards Ian; even though it killed them to do it, they knew they had no choice, everything between them had been a lie.

 "Hey, Shayne." Damien's voice spoke breaking into his thoughts.

 "Hey, Dames." Shayne replied smiling, as Damien sat beside him.

 "I saw them leave."

 "Who?" Shayne asked playing dumb.

 "Shayne, I miss him too. Maybe we should..."