Masquerade Pt4 (Ian/Courtney)

Damien Haas made his way through the crowded Masquerade party, heading for the buffet table to get himself a drink. He was frustrated, annoyed and it was all because of two of his best friends/co-workers Ian Hecox and Courtney Miller. He loved them, he really did, but right now he was ready to kill them. Both Ian and Courtney have been secretly in love with each other for two years now. No one knew, except him; he had figured it out on his own after watching how they acted towards each other. Of course, neither knew that he knew about their love. He had stayed out of it thinking his friends would get together on their own, of course, that didn't happen, so, he's tried subtly over time to get them together himself.

 Nothing worked, until this Masquerade party, Damien had truly thought the party would be the perfect way to get them together finally. Of course, his stubborn friends had to make his life hell, by making everything so damn complicated; they had given each other fake names, Ian was now Ben and Courtney was now Samantha. Tonight, was the last night of the party and the big unmasking, and both of them still didn't know who they really were. Damien had spent most of the damn party trying and failing to get them to listen to him for five damn seconds, so he could tell them.

 Meanwhile, Ian stood in the garden with Samantha; after they had spent the last hour dancing and pulling pranks on some of the other guests. He really liked her, but he still loved and wanted Courtney. Being with Samantha and kissing her, only made the guilt Ian already felt grow worse. He knew he should end things with Samantha, stop leading her on...but he couldn't and he felt like the world's biggest asshole.

 Courtney was also torn, she loved and wanted Ian, but she also really liked Ben too. Being with Ben and kissing him felt right, but it also made her guilt worse knowing she'd only end up hurting Ben when she ended things. She would end things, it wasn't fair to lead Ben on...he wasn't Ian. Even though she knew it was the right thing to do, Courtney couldn't bring herself to do it and she felt like the biggest asshole in the world.

**Later**:

 Time continued to count down and Damien still hasn't been able to tell his friends the truth. He was worried something would happen if they discovered the truth at the unmasking, so he wanted to prepare them ahead of time. He checked his watch and realized there was only a half-hour left, he looked around and saw Ian by himself at the buffet table. Smiling, Damien quickly made his way over to him.

 "Hey, Damien, having fun, man?" Ian greeted him smiling.

 "I need to talk to you."

 "You okay?" Ian asked concerned.

 "I don't have time to do this gently, so I'll just say it."

 "Say what? Damien, you're kind of freaking me out, dude."

 "Samantha isn't who she says she is." Damien answered.

 "What?" Ian asked confused.

 "Samantha lied to you, Ian. She's really Courtney."

 "Courtney? Sure, she is and I'm Ironman." Ian said sarcastically.

 "Dammit, Ian, I'm telling you the truth." Damien said frustrated.

 "I think you've had too much to drink, Dames."

 "It's the truth dammit. Okay, to prove it, I know she gave you that pin to wear so she could find you if you got separated. I know about your walks in the garden and about your..."