Love Hurts Pt18 (Shaymien)

Damien finished eating his breakfast and began cleaning up the kitchen. When he was done, he went to the living room with a coffee and sat on the couch, he looked at his phone and saw no new messages from either Ian or Shayne. He put his phone back on the couch beside him, he looked out the window and smiled, for the first time in a very long time he was slowly beginning to find peace and move on from the past. It wasn't easy getting to this point and he still had a long, difficult road ahead of him, but at least now the future didn't seem so scary. He sighed, as still looking out the window he thought about everything that's happened, how his once perfect life turned into a nightmare, and how he was now slowly starting to rebuild himself again.

 It's been two days since he saw Dr. Burgess and already he noticed the change in himself, his thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on his door, confused he put his coffee cup on the table, got up, and answered it to find both of his brothers standing there smiling, he was happy to see them, but confused why they were there.

 "Surprise!" Both men said together, before they hugged him in a three-way hug.

 "Okay, it isn't that I'm not happy to see you two, but why am I?" Damien asked smiling, when the hug ended and they went inside.

 "Well, we were having separation anxiety from our brother, so we asked the boss for a few days off and here we are." Ian answered, as all three laughed.

 "How long are you, jokers, here for?" Damien asked, as they went into the kitchen and he began making them each a coffee.

 "A week." Shayne answered, as he watched Damien closely, without making it obvious.

 "Awesome! After you guys put your stuff in the guest room, we'll go out and see what kind of trouble we can get into!" Damien said smiling, he was happy to have them both here, but he was nervous about being back around Shayne.

**The Next Day**:

 Shayne sighed, as he finished getting dressed, when he was done he sat on the edge of the bed and ran his hands over his face. He knew being here with Damien would hard; it always was, he just didn't realize it would be this hard. He still loved Damien with every fiber of his body and he was finding it difficult to keep his feelings and urges to touch Damien to himself the longer he was around him. He couldn't blame Damien for keeping him at a distance still, he knew it was his own fault, that's why he was getting help. He sighed again, as he stared at the floor, he was trying to change, to show Damien he was serious about going back to the man he used to be, he just hoped he wasn't too late. He ran his hands through his hair, as he thought about what's happened between the three of them over the last few months.

 Yesterday, they had boarded a plane without telling Damien first, when they landed they went to his house and surprised him. They had had a great time hanging out yesterday and Damien seemed to be doing okay, it killed Shayne though to not be able to touch him or let him know he was there for whatever he needed. His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Damien and Ian whispering to each other in the hall, obviously not wanting to wake Shayne or let him hear what they were talking about.

 "My damn appointment is today! How do I leave without Shayne getting suspicious?"

 "Calm down, dude." Ian said quietly. "Just make something up and then I'll keep him occupied until you're done, simple."

 "Great idea, Captain Obvious! You don't think I already thought of that?" Damien said sarcastically, obviously annoyed. "What I meant was where do I say I'm going?"