Adventures In Love (Ian/Damien)

The sun shone brightly in the afternoon sky, as Damien Haas sat in the passenger's seat of his best friend...brother, Ian Hecox's car. The radio was on, as they drove to their next destination...truthfully, they didn't have any set place they were going; they were just driving until they wanted to stop. To some people, this would sound crazy, but to Damien and Ian, it was normal.

 The two men have known each other for a few years now, after meeting through a mutual friend Shayne Topp, and they became best friends from the moment they met. The two men had been through a lot together; good and bad. They were complete opposites in some ways and in other ways they were almost like the same person; Damien, was the calmer, quiet, serious one, while Ian, was impulsive, wild, and outgoing. Throughout their friendship, Damien learned quickly that there would never be a dull moment with Ian around. Ian lived life to the fullest, afraid of nothing and he didn't give a damn about what people thought about him, and Damien envied that. Damien never did anything without thinking it through from every possible angle and he cared a lot about what people thought of him.

 This spontaneous road trip to nowhere and everywhere, had been Ian's idea after Damien's boyfriend of three years broke up with him for another man. Damien had been crushed by the news and moved in with Ian for a while until he got his own place. The day after he moved in, Ian refused to watch Damien drown in sadness anymore and suggested the trip. Of course, Damien refused, not ready to have fun after having his heart broken, but like always Ian wouldn't take no for an answer. So, they packed up and left, that had been two weeks ago now. At first, Damien tried to have some kind of plan in place for their trip, but as their journey continued though, all his plans went out the window...along with their map, thanks to Ian.

 When that first happened, Damien wasn't sure what would happen, but now, he was enjoying the unexpected adventures they were having. Damien looked at Ian who was watching the road, as he sang along with the radio and suddenly, Damien realized something. Something he had known all along, but had buried over the years...he was in love with Ian! Being honest with himself now, he sighed as he thought back and realized he had been in love with Ian since a few months after they had met. He also thought that maybe, Shayne had been trying to set the two of them up when he had first introduced them, knowing Shayne like he did, that was probably exactly what he had been doing. Of course, even though he's been in love with Ian for a long time he refused to ruin their friendship by telling him, knowing that the older man wouldn't feel the same about him. So, he buried his feelings and over the years he tried to find someone else, but he could never make any of his relationships last because they weren't Ian.

**Days Later**:

 The sun was beginning to set in the sky, as Damien drove along the deserted road, while Ian watched the world go by from the passenger's seat.

 "You having fun, Dames?" Ian asked smiling; calling him by the nickname that only him and Shayne were allowed to call him.

 "I always do when I'm with you. This road trip has been awesome, Ian, it was exactly what I needed, thanks, man." Damien answered truthfully.

 "I knew it would be. I'd do anything for you, Dames, I love you, buddy."

 "I know, I'd do anything for you, I love you too, man." Damien replied, wishing he could tell Ian how he really felt about him.

 They drove for a while, talking, laughing, and singing along to the radio; just enjoying the time together. Suddenly, Ian sat up straight as he looked out the window smiling, and told Damien to stop the car. Confused, Damien did, parking on the side of the road near a cliff, he was about to ask Ian what they were doing, but didn't get a chance to, as Ian quickly got out of the car. Damien followed him and joined Ian at the edge of the cliff; a gentle breeze blew across their faces, as the full moon lit up the calm water below.

 "What a view, huh?" Ian asked smiling, as he stared out at the water.

 "It's incredible." Damien answered, as he stared at Ian.

 "The water's so calm." Ian said, as he stared over the edge, making Damien nervous, afraid he'd fall. "It's a great night for a swim."

 "It is gr...wait, what?" Damien asked shocked.

 "You heard me, Dames." Ian replied smiling, as he went to the car and began undressing, Damien couldn't take his eyes off Ian.

 "You...you can't be serious, Ian?" Damien stuttered, hoping Ian didn't notice the way his body was reacting to seeing the man he secretly loved take his clothes off.

 "Oh, but I' am." Ian replied smiling, as he rejoined Damien wearing only his boxers.

 "There could be rocks or..."

 "Damien, stop. Stop thinking and for once just feel." Ian said, cutting Damien off. "There aren't any rocks, we would see them and there's nothing there. Before you say anything, there's a trail right there for us to use to get back up here to the car." He explained sighing.

 "Ian, I still don't know. I..."

 "Do you trust me?" Ian questioned, cutting Damien off again.

 "What?"

 "Do. You. Trust. Me?" Ian repeated.

 "With my life." Damien answered without hesitation.

 Seeing the look in Ian's eyes, as he held his hand out to Damien, was enough for Damien to let go and live in the moment with him. Damien quickly went to the car and stripped down to only his boxers like Ian had done. Once he was finished, Damien returned to Ian, and took his hand, both smiling. Before Damien could say or do anything, Ian still holding onto Damien's hand ran to the edge of the cliff; giving Damien no choice, but to follow. Damien could only hope that Ian was right about there not being any rocks as they jumped off of the edge not letting go of each other's hands. They hit the water and seconds later, both men surfaced, Ian smiled, as he let out a happy yell, that echoed across the silent night, Damien laughed, as he watched the man he loved.

 "Damn, that was such a rush!" Ian exclaimed happily.

 "Alright, Hecox, I'll admit it...it was." Damien replied smiling.

 "See, man, I told you nothing bad would happen if you let loose and live a little." Ian said smiling.

 "Yeah, yeah." Damien replied smiling, as he splashed Ian with water.

 "Wanna go again?" Ian asked smirking.

 "Race you to the top." Damien answered, as they swam to the shore.

 Later, they were dressed and laying on the hood of Ian's car, watching the stars as they talked. Damien looked at Ian and knew that he was the one Damien wanted to spend the rest of his life with...he just needed to find the courage to tell Ian. He turned back to look at the sky sighing, suddenly, without a word he felt Ian hold his hand, Damien turned to look at him, but Ian was still staring at the sky. Not wanting to ruin the moment, Damien said nothing, as he looked at the stars again, loving Ian was an adventure...and Damien was looking forward to one hell of an exciting life with him!

THE END!