Saving Her (Shartney)

Courtney Miller looked at her face in the bathroom mirror, examining the new damage to her face, that she'd have to cover. As she did, her boyfriend of two years, and the man responsible for the bruises, Fox Carter, came into the bathroom, and held her from behind. Courtney tensed as he held her close, his head on her shoulder, as they looked in the mirror at their reflection.

 "I'm sorry, baby." Fox said sighing, as he kissed her neck, she closed her eyes tight. "You just make me so damn mad sometimes."

 "I know." Courtney replied quietly, avoiding his eyes.

 "I love you, Courtney."

 "I love you too."

 "Get your sexy ass cleaned up and I'll take you to work." Fox said smiling, as he kissed Courtney.

 "Okay." She agreed, before Fox smiling left the room.

**A Week Later**:

 Shayne Topp sat at a table in the restaurant, waiting for his three best friends, no family, Ian Hecox, Damien Haas, and Courtney to join him. The four of them have known each other for years, they went to elementary school together and they were all so close. The last two years though, ever since Courtney started dating her boyfriend Fox, she seemed to not have as much time for them anymore. That had never happened before with any of them; no matter who was dating they always had time for each other. That worried them, but what worried them more was the change in Courtney's personality, she used to be a fun, energetic, wild, and crazy girl, now...she was timid, quiet, and nervous.

 Ian, Damien, and Shayne spent a lot of time talking about Courtney together, and they all believed that Fox; who was a very rich, arrogant, self-centered, powerful man, was abusing her. Knowing that killed all three of them, they hated Fox and he hated them because they weren't afraid of him like everyone else was. They would talk to Courtney, trying to convince her to leave Fox, but she always denied any abuse and defended him to them. What made it worse for Shayne though, was the fact that he was crazy in love with Courtney. He has been for a very long time, but was too afraid of ruining his friendship with her, so he never told her. Ian and Damien knew about Shayne's love and had tried since they first found out about it to get Shayne to tell Courtney, and they pushed even harder after Fox came into Courtney's life. Shayne's thoughts were interrupted by Courtney, Ian, and Damien finally joining him, he stood smiling and hugged them, before they all sat down.

 "Hey, guys, how are you?" He greeted them.

 "Good. I'm sorry I haven't been around much the last week." Courtney said, as they ordered.

 "Let us guess why?" Shayne said bitterly.

 "Fox?" Ian and Damien said together annoyed.

 "Yeah." She answered quietly, knowing how much her brothers hated Fox.

 "Court, this is crazy. He's trying to ruin our friendship, because Ian, Shayne, and I know he..."

 "Damien, stop!" Courtney said, cutting him off. "Can we have just one time we're together where you three don't accuse Fox of that, please?"

 "Okay, I'm sorry, Courtney. We're just worried about you that's all." Damien apologized, hugging her.

 "It's okay, Dames, but you guys don't have to worry, I'm fine, I swear." She reassured them.