The Rancher's Son Pt3 (Ian/Shayne)

Ian walked outside into the warm afternoon sunshine, and smiling, he sighed happily. He looked around the grounds of the ranch his parent's owned, looking for Damien and Shayne. Not seeing them, he headed for the barn, hoping to find them there, as he walked, he thought about his life. Ian had managed to get out of his date from Hell with Ben, by pretending he had been sick. Of course, he wasn't even sure that it would work, but it did and the date had been canceled, and now a week later, there was no sign of or word from Ben and Ian couldn't be happier. His thoughts were interrupted by Damien calling his name from behind him. He turned to face him smiling and saw both men coming towards him.

 "Hey, Ian" Damien and Shayne said together smiling.

 "Hey, guys, I was looking for you two." Ian said smiling.

 "Why?" Damien asked, as they began walking to the barn.

 "I wanted to see if you guys were up for a little ride?" Ian answered.

 "Gee, man, I don't know. Are you sure you can keep up with us, City Slicker?" Shayne teased smiling.

 "I grew up on this ranch, Cowboy! It's you two, who need to worry about keeping up with me! So, what do you two say?" Ian replied, as he nudged both men lightly, all three laughing.

 "Let's go then!" Damien added smiling.

**A Week Later**:

 Shayne finished feeding the horses, and sighing sat down on a hay bale. Like usual, his thoughts were only about Ian; it was getting so bad lately he was becoming a distraction. From the first moment he laid eyes on Ian, Shayne had been very attracted to him; he was freaking gorgeous. His thoughts were interrupted by Ian coming into the barn alone, seeing him, Shayne smiled, as Ian walked towards him.

 "Slacking off again, huh, Topp?" Ian teased smiling.

 "Yeah, well, I gotta get some rest when I can, our boss is a real jerk!" Shayne replied, both men laughed. "Where's Damien?"

 "He had to talk to my parents about the new addition to the barn. I came to see if you needed any help feeding the animals?"

 "Nope, just finished." Shayne answered smiling, as he stood.

 "Oh, so you're done for the day then?" Ian asked, hiding his disappointment at not being able to spend time alone with him.

 "Actually, I have a couple more chores to do before dinner. You're welcome to help." Shayne answered.

 "I'd..." Ian began, but the sound of Damien's voice talking to someone cut him off.

 Seconds later, Damien came into the barn with the last person both men thought they'd ever see again...Ben. Seeing them, Damien put on a fake smile, as they joined them.

 "Hey, guys." Damien said. "Look who just showed up."

 "Hey, Ben." Ian greeted him annoyed. "What brings you here?"

 "Our date!" Ben answered smiling. "I called earlier to see how you were feeling and your father said you were better and you were free tonight."

 "Really? He never said anything to me about it." Ian replied annoyed.

 "Doesn't matter, go get changed, I have a lot planned for our date." Ben said.

 Not having any choice, Ian looked at Damien and Shayne, before he angrily walked away. Once he was gone, Ben looked at both men with disgust, Damien quickly held Shayne back knowing he was pissed.