A Christmas Proposal (Shartney)

Christmas music played in the background, as Courtney Miller; one member of the popular YouTube channel Smosh, sat on her bed in the new apartment she shared with her boyfriend,  finishing wrapping the last of her Christmas presents. She began singing along happily to the music, this was her favorite time of year and she was looking forward to spending it with her family. This was the only time of year she was able to spend a few days in a row with her family. Christmas this year was extra special though, because it was the first one as a couple with the man she loved, his best friend/co-worker and boyfriend of one year Shayne Topp. She wished that their best friends/co-workers in the Smosh family could join them, but they were spending Christmas with their families.

 Her thoughts were interrupted by Shayne, Damien, Olivia, and Ian returning to the apartment, they called out to her and she called back letting them know where she was. She got up, grabbed the gifts from her and Shayne for Damien, Olivia, and Ian, and went downstairs. She found them in the kitchen laughing over coffee, she greeted them smiling.

 "Hey, guys."

 "Hey, Court." They greeted her at the same time smiling.

 "How was lunch?" She asked, as she went to Shayne and kissed him.

 "Good, had the place pretty much to ourselves, it wasn't busy at all." Ian answered.

 "Before you guys go, I wanted to give you these before you left." Courtney said smiling, as she gave them their gifts. "They're from Shayne and I, don't open them until Christmas though."

 "Thanks, guys, we've actually got yours in my trunk. I'll go get them, then we gotta go our flights leave in a couple of hours." Ian said smiling, before he left.

**Later**:

 Shayne lay on the couch, flipping through the channels on the TV, trying to find something other than stupid Christmas shows to watch. It wasn't that he hated Christmas, he just didn't celebrate it, he wasn't a Christmas person. He knew Courtney and the rest of the Smosh family loved Christmas and since he loved them, he played along and pretended for their sake. He was looking forward to spending the next two weeks at home relaxing with Courtney; finally getting to enjoy their new apartment, they haven't gotten to spend a lot of time in it because of work since they moved in three weeks ago.

 "Hey, baby." Courtney's voice spoke, as she came into the room.

 "Hey, babe " Shayne said smiling, as she came to the couch and laid down with him, before she kissed him. "Where have you been hiding all afternoon?"

 "Packing." She answered.

 "For what?" Shayne asked confused.

 "For the trip to spend Christmas with my family."

 "What trip?"

 "Don't you remember?" She questioned, as she sat up, Shayne shook his head no, as he sat up too. "Shayne, I told you about it a week ago, the plane leaves in two hours."

 "I forgot, guess I'm going to be alone for the next two weeks."

 "No, you're coming with me. Let me guess...you forgot that too?"

 "Yep and it's not happening, sorry, Court." Shayne stated, as he got up and went to the kitchen for a beer.

 "What? Why not?" She demanded, as she followed him.