Chapter 9-(Birth Multiverse)

A nice day out is made worse with Reapers presence

Dream was anxious but looking forward to the day out with Goth. He hoped he could get closer to his brother but wanted to mainly focus on the babybones. He saw them walk out with Blue and had an unsettling feeling at the action. He caught his brother's eyelight and they moved in sync to watch. He was unsure what Goth was planning but watching them pick up a flower didn't help settle his nerves.

They stayed far enough to give a sense of privacy but when they felt the cold power coming off the babybones they moved closer. Dream saw the life be drained out of Goths surroundings and wasn't surprised at the show. Nightmare looked more shocked but Dream wasn't sure why, he surely knew who the others parent was. Goth may be a babybones but that didn't make them helpless.

"I'm glad you understand Blue. Dangerous things should be avoided after all".

He grimaced at the resignation that flowed out of Goth, even if nothing showed on their face. He did not like how Goth expected others to treat him as nothing but a weapon. He should have stepped in sooner, when Reaper admitted to not knowing how to train the other. They had done a good job at magic control but it seemed to have left scars on Goth.

He pasted a smile on his face and made sure to bump into Goth, when they got near. He didn't want the others to avoid touch with them. This child was part of his family and he would dust anyone that made Goth feel worse. He sent a warning to Nightmare but it looked like it was unneeded, as the other had put an arm around Goth.

" Let's go, little raven. I know a universe that has one of the biggest libraries in the multiverse ".

Dream smiled at seeing Goth's eye light turn into a star and Nightmares blush, at the admiration flowing out of Goth. He stepped into Nightmares portal, hating how cold it felt to his senses. He admired the size of the building they were in front of and was sure it was even bigger than the Council building. Out of the corner of his eye sockets he saw Goth's wings vibrate. The happiness exuded was wonderful and a nice boost to his magic.

" You will like the inside even more Goth. Let me show you what real fun looks like ".

Dream ignored the mocking tone directed at him and followed the two into th e building. He was even more impressed when he saw the numerous shelves stuffed with books. Goths chirps in glee made him glad he agreed to allow his brother to choose the location.

He and his brother followed behind, watching Goth pick up books on his ever growing pile. He feared it would fall over but his brothers tentacles moved to support the unstable pile. Dream spread his aura to calm the monsters who spotted Nightmare, as he just wanted a calm day out.

He ignored his brother's smug look and could already hear the other mocking him for his 'selfish use of power'. They only spent an hour inside till he convinced Goth to head out.

They sat outside, surrounded by Goths hoard of books. The other looked like a pleased bird with his new treasures and Dream couldn't help but let out a coo at the image.

Dream spent the next few hours relaxing in the sun, watching Nightmare and Goth talk about the books that were chosen. He was hopeful this could occur again when an unsavoury emotion caught his attention. Looking around he spotted Reaper watching them, with a frown on their face. It seemed even Goth spotted him as the sparkle in his eyelight dulled and his chatter died down.

-

Goth loved how his day was going but knew this was a distraction. He had no idea what for but he wouldn't mind being bribed this way again if needed. He wasn't sure why Nightmare kept making digs at Dream. Maybe it was a sibling thing? Would Dream expect him to act like that with Palette? Some of the words sounded harsh and he didn't think he could do that to the other.