Chapter 24- (SwapVerse Multiverse)

Pale is finding this 'caring' thing a bit hard

——-

Pales limbs finally loosened around his new find. Pulling back he saw marrow starting to stain his clothes and feathers gathering on the ground. One of his new emotions spiked at the sight, making him grimace at the feeling. He was drawn to fix this but he had no real skills in healing. He would have to go to Template then, as he never really talked to anyone else.

Looking at the dirty ground he pulled off his jacket, making sure to keep a gentle hold on the monster at all times. He then placed them on his jacket, trying to cover the shivering body as much as he could. Dragging himself away he searched for Template, before deciding to speed things up. He started letting his magic absorb a random universe and saw a staticky portal open up.

" Stop right now, evil doer! I will protect these monsters with my life and never let yo- "

He had heard enough and thought it was rather charitable of him to allow them to speak that much. He knew they would be more amenable if he let them get some of their antics out. He grabbed them by their blue scarf, dragging them into a portal.

" Hey! What's the big idea, Pale? Why are you so pushy today? Did you eat something weird? ".

Template watched Pale, who silently continued walking and making sure he followed.

" Are we changing the script? Is this where the bad guy kidnaps the hero and all his friends come and save him after?! How exciting! ".

He was displeased at the lack of reaction, wondering what emotions the other had managed to absorb. Their eyes lights were an intense pink colour and their expression pinched, as if stressed. Before he could interrupt again he was shocked at the monster he was led to. He knew the other didn't really care about him or others, so why did they have this?

When Pale finally let go and pointed at the monster, he was puzzled at what was expected of him. Moving closer he crouched down, moving the jacket off of them. He hissed at the damage to their wings but gasped when he saw their face.

He enjoyed seeing all types of stories and characters in his multiverse but he had managed to look outside of his multiverse. He was dazzled at all the new monsters and even the children made from these unions. He had only seen this particular one a few times but they had never been this small.

A Goth type monster was odd and rarely left alone by the parents. He would have gushed at meeting such a rare character but the wounds made him focus on the current situation. There would be plenty of time later.

It was odd they had a scarf he mostly saw on Ink types but leaning closer he was buffeted with the magic of Pale. What was going on here?

Taking out his trusty pen, he created some bandages and pillows to make the babybones comfier. He felt the eyelights of Template never leave him and his actions were scrutinised heavily. He knew this wasn't the work of Pale, as the other preferred quick destruction of others rather than dragging it out.

He flinched when Pale got too close but watched as they merely grabbed the items he had made and started to use them on the babybones. Now the main wounds were covered up, he allowed his curiosity to grow. His powers were very useful, as he could even use it to have a sneaky peek at others' inventory.

Opening the Goths up, he saw an obscene amount of chocolate bars. Taking one out he realised this was a brand an Error Destroyer type usually ate. Maybe this would help the other? Their story would be fascinating to learn, once they work up of course.

He stepped back and tilted his head at how Pale was reacting around them. Their movements were careful and a soft expression crossed their skull, when looking at Goth. Most wouldn't notice but he had been around his 'nemesis' long enough to parse their emotions.