Chapter- 82 (FGOC Multiverse)

Karma learns more about Encounters and Dreams views are challenged

—-

FGOC Multiverse

Karma was unsure why they were standing outside, when the past week they had been staying in their room, with only Nova turning up. Oneiro had also been acting much more affectionately for some reason but they always changed the subject when he asked why. Did they enjoy the zoo that much?

Shifting again in unease he looked between Sol and Oneiro, wary on what they were waiting for.

"What are you doing outside so early?"

Sans may be cautious of the winged Dreams but he still had some responsibility in what they did. He knew if they caused any issues he would be the one to blame. Toriel had made that very clear, after seeing the condition Frisk came back in.

Thankfully that incident did mean the kid wouldn't be coming back any time soon, so hopefully no more issues would occur....He sadly didn't think his luck was that good.

"What perfect timing, Sans! Today I was going to teach my child about Encounters. You wouldn't mind helping, right?~"

This felt like a trap but he was sure he was missing something. Glancing at the babybones, watching with curiosity, he felt his hesitance wash away and readily agreed.

"Excellent! Stand over there and we shall begin~"

Karma had never seen an official Encounter before. He was more used to the fights that were large-scale between the higher powers, who had no need for this restrictive format. He spotted more of the residents gathering outside and felt his magic jolt in anxiety.

"It's ok. We are just watching for now, little aster. Ignore the pests~"

Karma clung closer to Sol, feeling calmer when their wing hid him further from the others. He was startled when the surroundings went black but settled, as Sol's magic blanketed over him, realising he could still clearly see Oneiro and Sans nearby.

He didn't like this at all.

"Just watch what Oneiro is doing, little aster. This is just to let you get comfortable with what to expect when you try it. Encounters are not just for fights but also to get to know others and to have fun~"

Karma was confused by this statement and couldn't help but speak up.

"But doesn't the fallen child kill like this as well?"

Sans flinched at the truth, feeling memories resurface at all the RESETS he had to endure. So many deaths. So much dust...

"You are right, little crow but I will only be demonstrating the basics for you today, as it's a useful training tool for young monsters~"

Sans shook out of his thoughts and passively listened to the questions Karma had about what was occuring. Encounters were a great way to keep an eye on a young monster's health, when practising their magic. He had done this with his brother a lot.

"Now Sans will demonstrate how to do a CHECK in this type of Encounter~"

Sans did so and instantly paled at what he read. Just what kind of monster did the machine bring?! He could tell some values were hidden and looking at Oneiros' expression, they were finding this whole thing rather amusing.

"This can be useful for finding others weakness and other fun facts, even when not in an Encounter~"

Sans shivered at the mocking tone and heavy magic that was pressing down on him. Why did he volunteer for this again?