Chapter- 92 (S̷̲͗ṯ̶̇̅ringVerse)

Karma finds out one of the many problems that come with having a broken SOUL and receives a rather valuable gift.

———

S̷̲͗ṯ̶̇̅ringVerse

Grillby was standing behind the bar but was keeping a watch on baby spark, who was sitting in the corner. He had cornered it off from the rest of the room and along with his magic suffusing the room, it sent a clear enough message to keep others away. It also helped that he had dusted a rabbit monster a few days ago, who had pushed him too far. He was not a weak monster, so his protection over the baby spark was cemented by this act.

While Grillby was babysitting, almost daily at this point, he never had to use the spare room he had upstairs. Error had said it was not needed as a monster called 'Night' would take over in the evenings. Grillby had no clue who this was but was pleased his friend had found another being he could rely on.

He was very amused at the many outfits Karma was dressed in, easily being able to tell they were made from Errors magic, marking a second claim on the child. Only an idiot would now target the child and he had removed those years ago. If he was to be stuck in the Underground he was making it as tolerable as he could.

Grillby paused in his cleaning and looked up as Karma stared at the wall in deep fascination.

"B͑͋͝à͛͋b̈́͝y͐́͘ s̽̔p̒͝͝a̚̕r͝͠k͑̾̕?͛̿̔ Ä́͋̽r̈́͆͝e̾͛́ y̓̒̕o̓̈́u̐̈́ o̿̾͒k̾͒?̐͋̈́"

"♪ The angel has come to save us all. The angel will empty the Underground. All praise the angel~ ♪"

"K̽͌͝a̓̽͠r̓͋͠m̒̽͌a̐̕͠?͛̈́̀"

He watched in worry as they continued playing, as if nothing unusual had occurred at all. He would make sure to tell Error about this, just in case something was wrong.

The hours passed and he was alarmed to hear word of a human currently in the Underground. He still remembered the danger their kind could present to them and looked over at Karma in worry. His flames stilled at spotting the corner empty, before his flames roared with his anger.

Who had dared to touch someone under his protection?

-

Karma was happily humming as he wandered outside, even if he was a tad wobbly. He hadn't really explored this AU but with the human arriving he was very curious. It was always fascinating feeling how a powerful SOUL could affect their environment. It was one of the reasons magical training was vital for monsters, as otherwise things got truly chaotic.

He was also hoping he would be able to see someone clearly, as it was getting annoying seeing only shadowy outlines of others.

He had passed by a few monsters as he headed for the human SOUL but they all seemed to be quick to run away from him. He was bewildered why but it did mean he didn't need to bother to hide. With the way his magic was acting lately it wasn't the best idea to rely on his invisibility to hide.

His wings shifted when he heard the crunching of snow and he grinned at finding the human so quickly.

-

"Frisk, be careful. This area is dangerous. I'm not sure why it's so quiet today but i bets its a trap"

"I will, Flowey. There is no need to be so tense"