Chapter 13- (Second Multiverse)

Ink is more insightful than others believe

——

Ink had not approved of Blue coming over. He liked the Swap sans but he was unsure how Karma would take it. Just because he was exuberant didn't make him stupid. Karma liked their solitude and too much interaction seemed to drain them. Adding Blue to the list seemed excessive to him but Dream ignored him.

Watching the interaction proved his fears as he watched Karma lose focus. He didn't think the other could even hear them and the way their magic was churning was telling. When familiar death magic started to gather he stepped towards them. He had nothing to fear from that type of magic but he also knew that Karma had more control then others knew. He had held the other often and felt their magic playfully poke his.

They had watched Karma play in greenery and nothing had died, unlike with Reapers magic. He wasn't sure if the others were unobservant as they all seemed hesitant to approach. He paid attention only to the babybones, getting closer. Holding them tight he lifted them into his arms and walked towards the bedroom. He slammed the door on Dream's face and sat on the bed, with Karma in his arms. The tears were not expected but he was glad the other was releasing his feelings.

Others dismissed him due to his soulless state too many times and this time it had affected Karma his son . While not having a SOUL had its many downsides it did have some positives.

"Karma. Do you know why I drink my vials?"

He felt a nod on his chest. Good. This would make it easier.

"Have you ever seen me take the white vial?".

-

Karma was so tired . What was he still here? If he couldn't die could he at least go back to what he knew? Being in this Inks arm was nice, as was getting away from everyone. The questions being asked were odd but he answered.

The white vial? He didn't think so. He shook his head.

"It wipes me of all my paints, making me have no emotions. I will not lie when on it as I will find no reason to. This has been very stressful, Ka-Goth. Even having a new name to fit in with strangers. Will you listen to what I say, with no paint?".

He called him Goth. He had missed his current name. All these new things were disorientating, making him want to curl up till the world made sense. Did he want to listen though? There were many reasons both Inks were his favourites and that was their expressions. They radiated what they felt and while exaggerated it was not hidden behind a false smile. He didn't doubt they could lie but their eye shapes and moods helped him follow along easier. To have that security taken away didn't sound...safe.

"You can ask me anything as well. Would you like to try?"

The pure truth would be nice. Ink wouldn't fear his reactions so he would say how it was. He wasn't moving from his position though. He was grabbing what comfort he could.

He felt one of Ink arms nudge him forward and he complied. He heard the tinkle of the glass vial and looked up just as the white paint was drunk. He hid back into Ink after. He knew he had messed up with meeting this Blue but they.all.just.never.stopped.

"I lied. I haven't looked for your multiverse that hard. I want you to stay".

The monotone tone was new but he focused more on the words. What did that even mean? He hadn't shown them much of his power so he wasn't sure why Ink wanted him to stay.

"Why?"

"I want you safe and happy"

A laugh escaped him without any thought. There was no such thing as safety and happiness. They were too subjective in his opinion. He knew too much and seen too much to ever believe that. Arms tightened around him and the odd purr of Ink started vibrating his body.

"You will fail"

"I will try anyway, Goth"

Now that caused him to pause. This wasn't a promise that was unrealistic or reaffirming a dead point. It was a try . He tried with a lot of things and that is how he got through most days. He pushed off their chest and looked up at the white eyelights staring back. He knew he wouldn't see anything but it felt more real. He could let the other convince him just this once, he had nothing to lose really.

"Ok.... Do you want your paints now?".

There was no response but he didn't mind. He pushed Ink to lie down and flopped on him. The arms were still around him and the purring hadn't stopped, which helped him drift into sleep.

He would ever know of Ink keeping watching or their bond tightening with Inks resolve. A staticky portal appeared above them both, with a black boned hand reaching through and carefully stroking the babybones skull.

" Good job Ink. Try not to screw this up ".

~~~~~

Ink: *well thought out logic*

Everyone else: *Shocked pikachu face*