Chapter 57 - (Momma CQ)

Things calm down and Karma enjoys the quiet

——

Momma CQ

Asy had spent the last few hours trying to calm the little fluff down. He hadn't let them down once since coming back, as the sound of his SOUL seemed to calm them. He had walked around the house while holding them, kind of surprised how many kid unfriendly items were scattered around. He was usually better with this but he hadn't had to babysit anyone in a while, so he had grown careless.

His doorbell rang disturbing him on his search but he wasn't worried. Nova never gave the illusion that he had true privacy, so it must be someone from this universe. Opening the door he was surprised it was CQ, along with all her kids. He doesn't think he had planned anything with them today so was a tad puzzled why they were here.

"Hi-"

"Move aside, Asy. I brought some food over and the kids missed you"

Asy let himself be bullied into letting the small family in, watching the two eldest zip around the room, while Fresh oddly stayed next to him, just looking up at Karma.

"Don't just stand there. Come and look at what I brought.. when was the last time to bought anything? Your fridge is empty"

That was his que to try and not get scolded, for his less than stellar eating habits. A tug on his shirt made him look down at Fresh in question.

"What's up? Did you need something?"

"Is Karma ok?"

"Yeah he is, little man. Would you mind looking after him while I go help you mum?"

He wasn't worried about how Karma would react, as they had been looking at Fresh placidly, since he opened the door. Putting them down he watched in amusement, as Fresh started to drag Karma upstairs. Shaking that off he went to the kitchen, dreading the talk he had been expecting. When CQ saw Karma wasn't with him their expression got more serious.

"Fresh was worried about his new friend and after hearing the story so am i. What happened? Why didn't you call me to update me on such a major change in your life?"

He withheld the wince at the hurt in her tone. The main reason was mainly to protect her from ever meeting Nova. The insane monster would most likely have killed her for being near his 'little Godling'.

He was a bit shocked that Fresh already seemed attached to the fluff ball. Maybe it was the similarities between his other siblings? He could admit that Karma didn't look to be in the best of health.

"It was very sudden and I didn't want to add too many things to the kids' life. They barely tolerate me most days and i have been with them for a month"

His frustration leaked out into his voice and he could see the sympathy CQ was giving him. They would know better than anyone about living with children with certain needs.

"I need to take the kid out of school. I can see this happening again and i doubt they would tell me if they were uncomfortable"

"Does this have something to do with the scarf they were wearing?"

Let it never be said that CQ was an idiot. She could be sharp and very observant, when she wanted to be. He nodded and knew he didn't have to say anything else. This tiny Error had sensory issues as well, due to their pixilation syndrome. He was curious if Nova still had the issue with touch but had seen them hold Karma with no issue. He paled at the thought, realising how they had gotten even more dangerous after their exile.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine! J-Just wondering how the kids are doing is all"

-