Chapter 3-(Birth Multiverse)

Reaper loves his family but it didn't always look like it

———

Reaper never regretted meeting his Geno. It was love at first sight seeing the other, even if he had to do his job. When he touched the other he was joyous at another being he could touch. It took time, but he must have grown on the other monster, when Geno finally accepted to go on a date with him. While they couldn't leave the SAVE screen he made sure to bring food for picnics and even a television so the other would not be bored when he was away.

When their family expanded by one he was on a high for months, but then his worries crept in. What if he hurt the other? Could he even touch them? Could he even risk it? These worries never left and got worse when Goth was born. He was such a tiny babybones and he always worried if his magic had caused that. The other was healthy thankfully, but he still refused to chance it.

Time went on and he made sure to avoid the house, to not affect Goth. He could see the hurt and anger his mate harboured and their bond started to send daily resentment to him. He never stopped what he was doing though, out of love for the two most important beings in his life.

When Geno disappeared he felt his SOUL drop in despair. Finding Goth alone at home was not something that Geno would ever do, so he knew something was wrong. Not finding anything he had called Tori for help to look after Goth. It did hurt that the other had stopped trying to get his attention early on and he was nowadays regarded with an impassive stare. He could see the age in those eyelights and intelligence. He was proud but scared of what others would do with a young genius child, so he pretended he didn't see a thing. He ignored when the other started reading early or talking to Tori in full sentences at a few years old.

Hearing that the other had his death touch sprung hope in his SOUL that he could touch his son, but it seemed that ship had sailed. When he was talked to he was referred to as Reaper. When Tori had heard she had encouraged the other to call him dad. The indifferent stare he was given added with the title of father was chilling and made him regret being away so often. He wasn't sure he could even fix it as Goth didn't seem to be interested in him at all. He was fine to talk to him, but it usually felt like talking to a stranger about menial things. He had to learn his son loved chocolate from Tori.

Each birthday he made sure to gift the other a mountain of chocolate just to see Goth's eye light switch to a star. He would do it everyday if he could, if it wasn't for the scolding of Tori saying it wasn't good for babybones. While he failed as a parent in that regard he did set up playdates with others.

Meeting Ink was not something he enjoyed and he was dreading the tears Goth would have at being near the other. He still felt shivers at seeing the empty vessel walk around and with his magic inherited by Goth, he expected it to be bad. The same indifferent gaze, that he was often gifted with, was not what he expected to witness. Neither did Ink who had slowly untensed and even seemed fascinated by this new monster. Goth didn't really react to the poking or random questions and even placed his hand on the others mouth to stop them talking.

The serious expression on one so young caused him to cackle in laughter, as it did to Dream as well. Goth had then walked away and introduced himself to Dream and Palette. It seemed he got Genos' sensitivity as he seemed fascinated by the other two's magic. The Creator was left pouting at this and when he whined why he was being ignored Goth looked him straight in the eye sockets and said he found the other 'dull'.

From then on Goth was often invited to visit the other family unit, as Ink seemed thrilled at someone treating him as if he was any other monster. Reaper did pout when Goth happily cuddled with the others but not him. The hiss when he got near was a clear enough answer to his welcome. The slight disdain that appeared in his eye light made him think of Geno.

He had searched but the years flew by and nothing changed. Seeing Goth not grow made him feel guilty at not feeding the other enough magic. Goth had all but blocked the bond with him and only kept it open enough so he could tell he was still alive. Ink was a useful energy source and didn't mind the other tackling him to the ground and lying on his chest to absorb magic. The fond way Ink looked at his son burned, but he was glad Goth had more beings in his corner.

Palette seemed enamoured to be around the other and treated the other as a sibling to protect. You wouldn't expect it from such a sweet monster, but many had regretted saying anything bad about Goth in ear shot. Palette was vicious and took after Dream too much for anyone's liking. The innocent smile that hid a dangerous edge was scary, but impressive.

When Goth begged him for something he was at first thrilled, but then wary of granting it. He knew the other wanted to see the multiverse but he was terrified that someone could take him as they did Geno. Reluctantly he finally agreed if only to spend time with Goth. Taking the other to his job might not have been his smartest move but observing Goth's lack of negative reaction calmed him. It became a daily thing and he felt he was finally connecting to the other.

When Ink came to him looking grim and saying the Destroyer took Goth, he felt such despair followed by anger. He would not lose more family and demanded help from Ink. Thankfully they were on the same page and Ink had already had a plan to stop the Destroyer once and for all. It would take time to set up but it was their best chance to get Goth. Reaper had been sending signals through the bond but Goth had either ignored him or couldn't respond. He hated both options with passion.

He was useless to the planning so had left to try and do his daily work. The thought of Goth alone with the Destroyer never left his mind.

~~~~

Reaper: Oh boy. I cant wait to be a dad!

*Goth is born*

Reaper: I shall never touch them and stay far away for their safety. I am a great parent