Chapter- 102 (Guardian Haven Multiverse)

Karma meets a strangely familiar monster, he doesn't like it at all and would really like to be left alone.

Oneiros brother (Oredeal) wanted a break. Why did the multiverse refuse to give him a rest?!

——-

NeR̸̡͈̎̍d̶̬̊̕ & Joć̸̖̙̟K̷̻͐̏ Multiverse

"Are you sure, Karma?"

"I'm sure. I don't mind waiting here"

Pale looked over his child, trying to discern their truthfulness. He was pleased how long his emotions had lasted but the last few days he could feel them starting to drain. He had gotten better at making them last longer and with hardly using his magic while here, it had prolonged the process.

Placing his hands on Karmas shoulders he looked at their scarf, pleased at the renewed claim. He had created a fresh scarf, with the aid of Template but made sure to keep all the trinkets his child had collected. Fiddling with a bright gold bead he smiled at how many allies his child had gained. Karma was strong and very resourceful, these were excellent traits to keep them alive.

He crouched in front of them and held their face, observing their features before he left. He had definitely noticed they were much happier than last time they had met and was glad his gamble had paid off.

"I shouldn't be long but you can call me with our bond if you need to"

He frowned at the twitch they gave but his emotions were too low for him to clearly discern the issue. He needed to leave before he ate this place, as he had noticed his child was enjoying staying here. He just had to resist a little longer.

It seemed Template had been right that this place would suit Karma, even if he was bewildered how they knew. Trusting Template had been the right choice, an excellent ally he had gained. With one last hug he stood up and opened a portal, hoping he could finish this quickly.

Karma watched as Pale left and headed for the front door of their home. There was no point in staying here, as he could tell it was about to start. He decided to walk to the school and took his time admiring the scenery. Before he knew it he had arrived, saddened as he had passed so few monsters on the way here. Things were going much faster than he expected.

He had been tempted to go with Pale but his role had insisted he stay and he felt it purr as he obliged. He turned when he felt a faint imprint of a SOUL come near and spotted Mr Ink, who was looking rather ill. He twitched as he felt their SOUL break down, even if their body looked fine.

"Karma? What's wrong?"

He readily accepted the hug and held on tight, saddened by what was to occur, even if it was better in the long run.

"..did Pale do something? I can help you get away"

He quickly pushed back his emotions and blankly stared at Mr Ink, seeing their body start to glitch out.

"I really did like colouring with you, Mr Ink. Have a good rest. Maybe we will meet again someday"

"Wha-"

He flinched as they collapsed on the ground, seeing the surroundings soon follow this example. Glitches were sporadic and he listlessly watched as the surrounding 'monsters' disappeared.

"..bye"

Karma was glad he made sure not to get attached to the beings here, making him thankful he had listened to his role. He walked around and passed by more 'monsters' finally realising why their SOULS felt so faint to him. Whoever had made this multiverse had done a shoddy job and the Code looked to be corrupting with no outside interference.